View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:09 am

Just read on Twitter that Maccabi Tel Aviv won't be extending Earnie's loan deal and he will be returning to City. Unfortunately I don't know when it ends!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 am

Grumble it, but Malky appears to of been right about Earnie. We whinged and whinge about his lack of game time, but he's given it at a club in the Israeli Premier league, a long way away from the premiership he once graced, and he's a flop they don't want back.

Sorry Malky, won't happen again Malky.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 am

He can't be further from the first team than Velcro and how poetic if he scores the goal that takes us up!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:52 am

Red614 wrote:Grumble it, but Malky appears to of been right about Earnie. We whinged and whinge about his lack of game time, but he's given it at a club in the Israeli Premier league, a long way away from the premiership he once graced, and he's a flop they don't want back.

Not so! Earnie's coming back at his own request..........

http://www.maccabi-tlv.co.il/en/news/news-articles/eranshaw-going-back-to-cardiff-city/
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:
Red614 wrote:Grumble it, but Malky appears to of been right about Earnie. We whinged and whinge about his lack of game time, but he's given it at a club in the Israeli Premier league, a long way away from the premiership he once graced, and he's a flop they don't want back.

Not so! Earnie's coming back at his own request..........

http://www.maccabi-tlv.co.il/en/news/news-articles/eranshaw-going-back-to-cardiff-city/

No that article is about Robert Eranshaw, he's coming to City. Robert Earnshaw must still be there
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 am

Eranshaw? Is he a new signing? Is this the defensive cover we've been waiting for??
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:17 am

This is how the Chief Soccer writer for the Jerusalem Post put it:- Allon Sinai ‏@AllonSinai

Maccabi Tel Aviv has just announced that @RobertEarnshaw will be returning to Cardiff City immediately after loan deal wasn't extended.

Doesn't matter either way. City have confirmed he's coming back. With the window open, I wouldn't be surprised if he's off again somewhere soon.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:42 pm

Should never have been signed in the first place.
Done before Malky was appointed.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:55 pm

G-ster wrote:Should never have been signed in the first place.
[justify]
Malky was appointed on 17 June, and Earny signed for City on 6 July. At the time, Malky was reported to be delighted that he's signed:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2011/07/19/malky-mackay-my-joy-over-robert-earnshaw-s-cardiff-city-return-91466-29077978/
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm

That article makes it sound like it's his own choice. Pity really I was hoping that he would set that league alight. Anyway, long and shirt of it is he will have to find another club. He certainally ain't going to be part if MM plans. Good luck to him I say.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:19 pm

"Earnshaw, 31, who joined Maccabi on loan from The Bluebirds in September, told the clubs' official website: "Due to certain circumstances and some family reasons I have to go back to Cardiff. It's very hard to leave such a big football club like Maccabi Tel Aviv especially in the position it is in. I am very happy to have contributed to the club being in the first position and hope the rest of the team can carry the work on and win the championship at the end of the season. I would like to thank all the fans for their great support and also members of the club who had been good to me. I will keep supporting Maccabi from afar and hope they achieve great things in the future. I am very sad to be leaving Tel Aviv and feel honored to have played for such a club having gained and made friends for life".

Maccabi's Sports Director Jordi Cruyff added: "Robert played a significant part in helping us capture top spot with two winning goals against Ashdod and Maccabi Netanya. We all appreciate his professionalism and attitude over the past four months and we wish him all the best for the future"."
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 pm

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:"Earnshaw, 31, who joined Maccabi on loan from The Bluebirds in September, told the clubs' official website: "Due to certain circumstances and some family reasons I have to go back to Cardiff. It's very hard to leave such a big football club like Maccabi Tel Aviv especially in the position it is in. I am very happy to have contributed to the club being in the first position and hope the rest of the team can carry the work on and win the championship at the end of the season. I would like to thank all the fans for their great support and also members of the club who had been good to me. I will keep supporting Maccabi from afar and hope they achieve great things in the future."

Is he going out on loan to Afar? Will it be Dynamo Afar or Afar Hotspur?
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 pm

The Tonker wrote:
G-ster wrote:Should never have been signed in the first place.
[justify]
Malky was appointed on 17 June, and Earny signed for City on 6 July. At the time, Malky was reported to be delighted that he's signed:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2011/07/19/malky-mackay-my-joy-over-robert-earnshaw-s-cardiff-city-return-91466-29077978/

Damn those voices.
I'm putting the tin-foil helmet back on.

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Malky has said he is unlikely to get game time with City so as I said earlier he'll be off again soon.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:43 pm

Yes looks like, as many predicted, his second spell at the club has been disastrous.

I would love him to go somewhere else and finish on a high and prove Malky wrong.

Good luck Earnie!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum