Should Filip Kiss get the nod over Aron Gunnarsson?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54 am

I'm just trying to see if my love for Filip Kiss, and preference for him over Gunnarsson, is echoed by people on the board...

Should Filip Kiss get the nod over Aron Gunnarsson? Filip_Kiss
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:40 am

Your infatuation with him cannot be matched but I am rather fond of him too.

He has a role to play as a destructor but Gunnar offers more in the way of creativity. Depending on the set up of the team, I certainly think he should be considered.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:13 am

I think Much and Noone will come in and I can't see Malky making three changes to his midfield. But I would like to see more of Kiss. I think his ability is a little undershadowed by his fullblooded all action style. The guy has a good touch and rarely wastes a pass.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:09 pm

I think Kiss should be rotated with Gunnarsson in a defensive midfield position, leaving Mutch & Whitts to make things happen.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't rate either.

Gunnar messes around on the ball too much and gets caught out and give away too many needless free kicks.

Kiss is just a bruiser, never see him do anything constructive with the ball. Not seen him play for a while though so probably deserves another chance.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 pm

The Devil's Advocate wrote:I think Kiss should be rotated with Gunnarsson in a defensive midfield position, leaving Mutch & Whitts to make things happen.

I agree completely, it's a good idea. Particularly for tougher games having a bruiser like Kiss could really do some good in tightening up our, admittedly, occasionally shocking defence. In games where we're overwhelming favourites however I might throw out Mutch and Whitts to do some real damage.

Looking on the negative, if Malky is stubborn and sticks with 4-5-1, I would go Kiss, Mutch and Whitts. Kiss plays deep with the defence, helping out when needed and just purely increasing our numbers. Whitts it allowed to roam in an attacking position, and Mutch holds the fort in the centre of the pitch. I favour kiss over Gunnarrson because I see far more promise in him long term.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 am

Red614 wrote:
The Devil's Advocate wrote:I think Kiss should be rotated with Gunnarsson in a defensive midfield position, leaving Mutch & Whitts to make things happen.

I agree completely, it's a good idea. Particularly for tougher games having a bruiser like Kiss could really do some good in tightening up our, admittedly, occasionally shocking defence. In games where we're overwhelming favourites however I might throw out Mutch and Whitts to do some real damage.

Looking on the negative, if Malky is stubborn and sticks with 4-5-1, I would go Kiss, Mutch and Whitts. Kiss plays deep with the defence, helping out when needed and just purely increasing our numbers. Whitts it allowed to roam in an attacking position, and Mutch holds the fort in the centre of the pitch. I favour kiss over Gunnarrson because I see far more promise in him long term.

You're my new best friend
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:22 am

Malky doesn't believe in playing that way though. He wants his creative player to sit in front of the back four, not his defensive midfielder.

Kiss has looked like he could be good, but as with so many of our players, he hasn't really been given the time on the pitch to settle in and show what he can do.
Coming on for 10 or 20mins every now and again just isn't enough imo. Some players are made for that (Solskjaer springs to mind), but they tend to be few and far between.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 am

SteWells wrote:Malky doesn't believe in playing that way though. He wants his creative player to sit in front of the back four, not his defensive midfielder.

Kiss has looked like he could be good, but as with so many of our players, he hasn't really been given the time on the pitch to settle in and show what he can do.
Coming on for 10 or 20mins every now and again just isn't enough imo. Some players are made for that (Solskjaer springs to mind), but they tend to be few and far between.

Kiss is as far from an impact substitute as you can get. You play him from the start or you don't play him.

His potential is Premiership and he's by far the best defensive midfielder we have had for a long time. If we play 4-5-1 with three in midfield, why not have Kiss in front of the back four with Whitts and Mutch in more advanced roles instead of trying the Spain tactic of having a Xabi Alonso style creative midfielder lying deep in front of the defence. It's a waste of Whittingham and with Kiss there instead we would be rock solid at the back
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 am

Alright alright!! Don't have a go at me, it's Malky you need to speak to!

Flippin' heck...
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:49 am

SteWells wrote:Alright alright!! Don't have a go at me, it's Malky you need to speak to!

Flippin' heck...

I'm sorry I just hate to see my Filip left out

Sad
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:06 am

Base the formation around the players, not the players around the formation. Whitts is our best player and he is happy in an advanced role, so put him there and build everything else around that. Neutralising him by playing him in a role he doesn't like is silly.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:09 am

Our three best players during pre-season: Whittingham, Conway and Kiss.

He can definitely offer us something - shame we haven't seen much of him so far this season, especially with Mutch being out for the last month.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 am

Maybe I should create the First team Initiative Starts Today for Kiss (abbreviated to FIST KISS) whereby we lobby Malky Coleman to play our beloved Slovakian hero
blueheaven1927
blueheaven1927
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 747
Posting Flair : 70

Postblueheaven1927 Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:59 am

Red614 wrote:Base the formation around the players, not the players around the formation. Whitts is our best player and he is happy in an advanced role, so put him there and build everything else around that. Neutralising him by playing him in a role he doesn't like is silly.
Should Filip Kiss get the nod over Aron Gunnarsson? 3874419067
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum