Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 am

I know they both had underwhelming results today, but I just noticed that Newport County and Wrexham are leading the way in that division. I have to say, I'd love both of them to come back up to the Football League. I have nothing against either side in terms of rivalry (although, I'm sure a few might disagree with me over Newport) and as far as I'm concerned the more Welsh teams, the merrier.

Any thoughts?
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 am

I agree. I would love to see both Newport and Wrexham make it back into the league. County are a bit of a surprise package after last year and i am not sure if they will stay the distance but Wrexham are very much like us in the Conference. They keep getting close then just miss out.

Three Welsh promotions would be fantastic if it happened this season.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 am

I'm in for County and Wrexham and felt the same about all Welsh teams as a kid... Howevere I have developed severe antibodies to the Jacks Blue Square Premier 833362651
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:30 am

I used to watch Newport quite regularly as a kid as Cardiff were always seen as the big tough violent club where the nasty-men went. So, always had a soft spot for them and Wrexham are almost literally but certainly culturally a world away from South Wales as to be relevant.

With regard to Swansea though, it's hard not to dislike someone who dislikes you. We could rise above it, of course, but then would miss out on the joy of moments like this (**CUE GRATUITOUS GOAL VIDEOS**)

Or this

Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 am

Blue Square Premier 833362651 Blue Square Premier 1525230823 Blue Square Premier 833362651 That's the ticket Blue Square Premier 833362651 Blue Square Premier 833362651 I was in Wind Street the day that they avoided relegation out of the football league... Tossen pottens every last one of them... I was helping out on the door of a mates pub... Scum of the Earth... Clouded and informed my view since.... See you next Tuesdays the lot of them Blue Square Premier 833362651
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:00 pm

Toast Boy wrote:I agree. I would love to see both Newport and Wrexham make it back into the league. County are a bit of a surprise package after last year and i am not sure if they will stay the distance but Wrexham are very much like us in the Conference. They keep getting close then just miss out.

Three Welsh promotions would be fantastic if it happened this season.

Three welsh promotions and one welsh relegation would be even better, if you catch my drift Blue Square Premier 692773407

Considering I now live in Newport, there is a lot of hatred thrown Cardiff City's way. Plenty off 'F**k off Cardiff City' graffiti everywhere, and oddly enough also a lot of Swansea shirts. I'm not calling them plastic fans but you know...

I think it's the difference in ability that's decided on our front they aren't a rival but for them we are. It's difficult to rationalise calling a team that are the best part of four divisions inferior to you a rival. For Newport though, we're fair game to be hated.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't get why county hate us so much, we haven't played each other for years. I know a few lads who support county and they hate Cardiff, I always say I want them to do well and say I have nothing against them (which I dont), which I think pisses them off a little bit!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Caldi Blue wrote:I don't get why county hate us so much, we haven't played each other for years. I know a few lads who support county and they hate Cardiff, I always say I want them to do well and say I have nothing against them (which I dont), which I think pisses them off a little bit!

I think it's our own fault mostly, we probably come across as a bit smug. If you encounter a Swansea fan that tells you he doesn't see Cardiff as a risk anymore and hopes we do well, mine and I think most fans's reactions would be 'stop being such a c**t'.
Same with Newport, I think.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Would like to see them both promoted. I know they dislike us (well, Newport at least) but would still be great for Welsh football.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Red614 wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:I don't get why county hate us so much, we haven't played each other for years. I know a few lads who support county and they hate Cardiff, I always say I want them to do well and say I have nothing against them (which I dont), which I think pisses them off a little bit!

I think it's our own fault mostly, we probably come across as a bit smug. If you encounter a Swansea fan that tells you he doesn't see Cardiff as a risk anymore and hopes we do well, mine and I think most fans's reactions would be 'stop being such a c**t'.

It's completely different, Cardiff and Swansea are close rivals in terms of league positions, Cardiff and Newport aren't.

And anyway, nothings ever been my fault, ever.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:26 pm

Caldi Blue wrote:
Red614 wrote:

It's completely different, Cardiff and Swansea are close rivals in terms of league positions, Cardiff and Newport aren't.

How did the half marathon go Caldi?
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 am

Valley Trash wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:
Red614 wrote:

How did the half marathon go Caldi?

Didn't do it VT, tried to go for a jog last night but the hip hasn't healed. Not to worry, no money lost as I was taking some else's place and it wasn't my aim this year anyway, that was Swansea Bay 10k and I was happy with that. Maybe next year.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum