View previous topic View next topic Go down

Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 am

I'm amazed that referees are still falling for the trick of falling in front of the defending player. Don't they view videos of their decisions?

In fact just seeing the first one again it's manufactured in exactly the same way.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 am

Agreed. Garth Crooks and Robbie Savage were saying both they were "stonewallers" (a term I hate! West Brom's second penalty 904430666 ) but I agree with you that Liverpool can feel hard done by.

They were also saying that Long's penalty was one of the worst they'd seen. It wasn't great but they should try going down Barnet* on a cold, wet Tuesday night in November then they'll see some shockers.

(*used as an example, no offence intended to Barnet)
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:10 am

Arkay v2.0 wrote:Agreed. Garth Crooks and Robbie Savage were saying both they were "stonewallers" (a term I hate! West Brom's second penalty 904430666 ) but I agree with you that Liverpool can feel hard done by.

They were also saying that Long's penalty was one of the worst they'd seen. It wasn't great but they should try going down Barnet* on a cold, wet Tuesday night in November then they'll see some shockers.

(*used as an example, no offence intended to Barnet)

And they hardly need an invite to do that.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:18 am

West Brom's second penalty 692773407
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:44 am

Neither were pens.

First one Long looked for it and slowed down trying to make contact. I would have booked that ex Reading bastard for diving.

Second one he purposely became an obstruction in front of Skrtel and then fell over as Skrtel tried to clear the ball. That would have been his second yellow for obstructing Skrtel's clearance.

Yes im still as bitter as you can get for Long helping Reading beat us in the Playoffs. Twisted Evil
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Football needs a video referee. It's ridiculous it still refuses to considering Sky Sports can show a perfect replay showing everything it needs to 2 or 3 seconds after it happened. I'm nt saying use it all the time, but when something really important happens - Penalties, injuries, fouls in key areas, goals that could be offside -if you're unsure, get someone to check the video. It's really not hard.
Man Of Harlech
Man Of Harlech
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 369
Posting Flair : 30

PostMan Of Harlech Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:12 am

Just watched MOTD and they all thought that the second one was a pen. I was beginning to think I was mad until I saw these comments. Never, never a pen. Compare that to when Bellamy was demoloshed in the GB game v Uruguay and nothing was given. I am always a bit wary when we get refs down from the prem.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 am

I thought it was a clear penalty!
The Lad
The Lad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1275
Posting Flair : 100

PostThe Lad Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 am

1st was, 2nd wasn't.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 pm

CB39 wrote:Neither were pens.

First one Long looked for it and slowed down trying to make contact. I would have booked that ex Reading bastard for diving.

Second one he purposely became an obstruction in front of Skrtel and then fell over as Skrtel tried to clear the ball. That would have been his second yellow for obstructing Skrtel's clearance.

Yes im still as bitter as you can get for Long helping Reading beat us in the Playoffs. Twisted Evil
First one a definite penalty. "Slowing down" is hardly an offence, and in any case he was through on goal. Definite contact, so not a dive.

Second one wasn't a penalty - but "purposely became an obstruction" is wrong. He just nipped in ahead of a slow Skrtel and there was an accidental clash of legs, no-one's fault.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm going to nick a line from (I think) Caldi Blue. There was contact, both times - but football is a contact sport. Long's reaction was as over dramatic as me crashing to the ground and screaming in pain because someone stepped on my foot in the high street. That sort of hit to the heels is something that can naturally happen in an attempted tackle, and is a foul regardless of an intent to trip, or any massive overreaction by the attacker. When you compare it to, for example Torres penalty claim he was 100% barged completely off the ball, Torres was hard done by and Long dived. When a barge is fair play, but an ankle tap, one in which Long made two or three strides more BEFORE falling over, is a penalty, it's really messed up.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum