Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mad Greek
Mad Greek
Academy Player
User Points : 253
Posting Flair : 10

PostMad Greek Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:59 am

So Gerrard and Quinn have gone and Blake looks as if he might follow. We need a defender or two to come in now.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:02 am

Big time. Got to get some defenders in or we are going to leak goals like mad. I'm sure Malky's noticed the slight imbalance in the squad though. Defenders 692773407
Mad Greek
Mad Greek
Academy Player

PostMad Greek Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:16 am

Maybe a high profile loan or two?
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:25 am

Jan Vertonghen or Stephane Mbia would be nice Malky Wink
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:25 am

Of all the places we want loan players in, I don't feel it should be defence. In many ways it's the most important role on the team, one which when performed badly definetely will cost the squad results. A young starlet may sound like a good prospect but I feel defenders get better with age and young ones are prone to mistakes, especially in leagues below their appropriate talent. At the same time, all loan signings can get disinterested as the season progresses, afterall it doesn't matter to them whether you get promoted or not. Not all loan players do this but it's impossible to predict who will 'give up'. It's not so bad if your midfielder or striker get lazy, you can just sub them off. A lazy defender can and will cost you a goal.

Personally I'd rather us take our attention off people like Maynard and focus on buying a new full back and a new centre back, as a must. Then maybe consider loaning a striker or another winger.

And while we're being optimistic, I feel Jese Rodriguez would be a suitable target for this loan. Attacking winger/striker with 6 goals in 11 games for Spain U19's anyone? Defenders 692773407
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:29 am

Red614 wrote:Of all the places we want loan players in, I don't feel it should be defence. In many ways it's the most important role on the team, one which when performed badly definetely will cost the squad results. A young starlet may sound like a good prospect but I feel defenders get better with age and young ones are prone to mistakes, especially in leagues below their appropriate talent. At the same time, all loan signings can get disinterested as the season progresses, afterall it doesn't matter to them whether you get promoted or not. Not all loan players do this but it's impossible to predict who will 'give up'. It's not so bad if your midfielder or striker get lazy, you can just sub them off. A lazy defender can and will cost you a goal.

Personally I'd rather us take our attention off people like Maynard and focus on buying a new full back and a new centre back, as a must. Then maybe consider loaning a striker or another winger.

And while we're being optimistic, I feel Jese Rodriguez would be a suitable target for this loan. Attacking winger/striker with 6 goals in 11 games for Spain U19's anyone? Defenders 692773407

Defenders 3874419067

Last time we loaned in defence, JLloyd Samuel happened. I'd rather us not do that. Lets get one utility defender in, in the mould of O'Shea to just do a job if needed.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:31 am

Red614 wrote:Of all the places we want loan players in, I don't feel it should be defence. In many ways it's the most important role on the team, one which when performed badly definetely will cost the squad results. A young starlet may sound like a good prospect but I feel defenders get better with age and young ones are prone to mistakes, especially in leagues below their appropriate talent. At the same time, all loan signings can get disinterested as the season progresses, afterall it doesn't matter to them whether you get promoted or not. Not all loan players do this but it's impossible to predict who will 'give up'. It's not so bad if your midfielder or striker get lazy, you can just sub them off. A lazy defender can and will cost you a goal.

Yeah I agree, but who do you think would be a good signing?
Personally, im sad to see Quinn go. Now that Blake wants 1st team football, Quinn would be a more than adequate cover. Shame.
I would welcome Loovens back.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:56 am

bjorn shwikendorf Defenders 692773407
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:58 am

This must be in Malky's mind, as the Keogh fella at Coventry was an earlier target and that was before Blake indicated he might leave.

He's been pretty shrewd in his dealings thus far, so I'd be surprised if someone else didn't appear within the next week.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:44 am

Jay DeMerit. He's awesome on FM. In charge of Cardiff I had a bad relationship with the owners and was given a measly transfer budget, but I managed to bring him over on a free with decent wages and a substantial promotion bonus. He was awesome all season, was named Defender of the season and was one of the key men in ensuring our promotion. He carried in being a key and powerful figure right up until our debut season in the champions league, where he simply became too old.

...I'm kidding obviously. I don't have any names to mind as I don't think we should look in the championship, i fully believe foreign internationals are the way to go.
Mad Greek
Mad Greek
Academy Player

PostMad Greek Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:21 am

CB39 wrote:

I tend to agree but we definitely need more depth.

Defenders 3874419067

Last time we loaned in defence, JLloyd Samuel happened. I'd rather us not do that. Lets get one utility defender in, in the mould of O'Shea to just do a job if needed.
DC-8
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 340
Posting Flair : 20

PostDC-8 Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:07 am

I have been told by someone involved in the club there are more players lined up. However, he won't give me names or positions, or any other information. Mainly because all I'm doing is his plumbing work
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:16 am

Need names, positions and other information!!!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:56 am

Name - Usain Bolt
Position - *shrugs*
Other information - I don't think Manchester United are interested so we might be able to nick him. Let's be honest, put him up front and make our whole game plan to boot the ball as far up the pitch as possible at every chance and we probably have the league won.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:59 am

We will be brining in two new players over the next nine days. Call me a LEadeR if you like.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum