View previous topic View next topic Go down

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Really starting to annoy me now. Not because of his stance, because I accept whatever side someones on regardless but this is becoming a joke. He's abusing people on that board, calling them out on every minor detail.

Does he think he is bigger than the club or something? If turning red rids the club of people like him then I fully back it and thats the truth.

Maybe this new chapter is needed in our history book. We've come a long way as a club and our history will always be there because us fans will breathe it and make sure we carry our stories with us on into the future to tell future generations.

If we stay red, ill look back and be able to tell my children 'I remember when city were playing in blue and in division 3 and were the bluebirds and we, a welsh team, won the fa cup against arsenal'.

Rather than get angry over this change, ill look at the positives and things like that. That'll be a great story I can tell my children about Cardiff City.

I think far too many people are highlighting the negatives rather than digging deeper for the positives. Ive never been a die hard fan, I have a life outside the city and if that makes me a plastic then fair enough. I love going to games but I wouldn't put my own private life in danger for the sake of the club. I support the club because I enjoy watching football and I like to show my support for the lads who chose to join City to take us to the next level.

Who is this TLG guy? - Page 2 833362651 Who is this TLG guy? - Page 2 833362651 Who is this TLG guy? - Page 2 833362651

Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 pm

They're now as bad if not worse than AAMB ever was Who is this TLG guy? - Page 2 2854552383
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Unfortunately, it seems to be in constant meltdown on there with some posters calling for it to be closed down. That would be sad because there have been so many entertaining posts/posters in the past.
Unfortunately it now seems to just consist of angry people winding each other up.
Penarth Blues
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 160
Posting Flair : 70

PostPenarth Blues Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm

I'd like this forum to offer a place where other people's views are respected, and where we are true to our own viewpoints without having to descend to personal abuse.

Whatever you may think of TLG right now, and I've been the subject of his 'interesting' means of interaction in the past, the one thing he is generally able to do is to back up his arguments with facts. He also has an uncanny ability to find posts of yours that contradict an argument you are currently making.

In many cases this makes him extremely irritating to people, but also gains him respect. His posts are listened to and commented on because they are generally interesting and/or provocative.

Recently he has lost the plot because he's now posting his opinions, not facts, about something he's passionate about. This does not mean he should be subject to the abuse he's getting, despite now making himself an easy target.

I think he's realised he's dug himself into a hole he'll struggle to get out of now and is lashing out irrationally. His pride about making his views according to 'facts', coupled with his high profile, means that by taking such an extreme view on the rebranding, based on opinion only, he is in danger of opening himself up to being ridiculed and laughed at if he eventually comes around to realising he was wrong.

I think we've all done things like this in the past -most of us learn from these experiences. TLG will hopefully learn from this.

So let's go back to this being a relaxed, chilled board with no gloating or acting holier-than-thou or undoubtedly we'll drop similar bollocks.

A prime example of this is Rhys welcoming Gwyn's thread on this board in a way that is worrying. I'm going to guess Rhys was not at the meeting that caused all the fuss so why he feels the need to suggest that Gwyn has been badly treated is beyond me. If he does then this should go in the rebrand forum, and not on the main forum.
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostJudge dRed Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Is this the way forward? A forum of reconciliation where people apologise for their friends actions and all is well. I note there is a similar post on another forum concerning someone else who seemingly has made similar mistakes though not on quite the same scale.

TLG has spent years building his ivory tower so as to be well above the pissants and their unpleasant odours. The man is not in danger of being ridiculed, he has been ridiculed for quite a while. The only time he's being civil is when he's posting facts.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Penarth Blues wrote:I'd like this forum to offer a place where other people's views are respected, and where we are true to our own viewpoints without having to descend to personal abuse.

Whatever you may think of TLG right now, and I've been the subject of his 'interesting' means of interaction in the past, the one thing he is generally able to do is to back up his arguments with facts. He also has an uncanny ability to find posts of yours that contradict an argument you are currently making.

In many cases this makes him extremely irritating to people, but also gains him respect. His posts are listened to and commented on because they are generally interesting and/or provocative.

Recently he has lost the plot because he's now posting his opinions, not facts, about something he's passionate about. This does not mean he should be subject to the abuse he's getting, despite now making himself an easy target.

I think he's realised he's dug himself into a hole he'll struggle to get out of now and is lashing out irrationally. His pride about making his views according to 'facts', coupled with his high profile, means that by taking such an extreme view on the rebranding, based on opinion only, he is in danger of opening himself up to being ridiculed and laughed at if he eventually comes around to realising he was wrong.

I think we've all done things like this in the past -most of us learn from these experiences. TLG will hopefully learn from this.

So let's go back to this being a relaxed, chilled board with no gloating or acting holier-than-thou or undoubtedly we'll drop similar bollocks.

A prime example of this is Rhys welcoming Gwyn's thread on this board in a way that is worrying. I'm going to guess Rhys was not at the meeting that caused all the fuss so why he feels the need to suggest that Gwyn has been badly treated is beyond me. If he does then this should go in the rebrand forum, and not on the main forum.

Who is this TLG guy? - Page 2 3874419067

Although, I think Gwyn's comments need to be heard. I wasn't there and have no idea what actually happened, so it's interesting to hear an opinion from someone directly involved. I wouldn't want to condemn anyone (ever, really) on the word of others or second hand reports.

This board's strength is it's reason and mutual respect, even for those who may have made mistakes and would wish to clear the air. I'm not keen on besmirching anyone and I really think we should leave TLG and the other board to their own devices. RBMB is it's own entity now with it's own tone, banter and ideals - welcoming to all who just want to support the club. Like Judge suggested, if either TLG, Gwyn or any other City fan came on here seeking a fresh start for alleged past misdemeanours I hope we would welcome them all.

Let us continue to look to the future and not worry about what is happening elsewhere unless it directly concerns Cardiff City Football Club. Also, this...

Who is this TLG guy? - Page 2 3210875682

Last edited by Arkay v2.0 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Giving Judge the appropriate credit)
Penarth Blues
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 160
Posting Flair : 70

PostPenarth Blues Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Judge dRed wrote:Is this the way forward? A forum of reconciliation where people apologise for their friends actions and all is well. I note there is a similar post on another forum concerning someone else who seemingly has made similar mistakes though not on quite the same scale.

TLG has spent years building his ivory tower so as to be well above the pissants and their unpleasant odours. The man is not in danger of being ridiculed, he has been ridiculed for quite a while. The only time he's being civil is when he's posting facts.

I fully understand your viewpoint - and I share the slight feeling of schadenfreude regarding TLG right now - but if this forum is going to survive and prosper I think this is its best hope i.e. offering a place where we can try and establish some unity between the fans again.

If I want to go and read about people taking personal delight in other people's misfortunes, or offering abuse and other such crap then I have two other more well-established fora I can do that on.

Anyhow that's my view on the matter. As an observation, I'm finding it hard to leave CCMB for this forum as there are not yet enough regular posters onboard to make this my main board. I'm not sure how RBMB can attract more regular and interesting posters, but I am sure it won't be by turning it into the same bitch-fest as exists elsewhere.
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostJudge dRed Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Unfortunately, it seems to be in constant meltdown on there with some posters calling for it to be closed down. That would be sad because there have been so many entertaining posts/posters in the past.
Unfortunately it now seems to just consist of angry people winding each other up.

CCMB lost all credibility when they took up the KCB stance. All the previous rules about being moderate in your posts went out of the window and any slander was permitted. I was truely shocked that people I had been accustomed to being moderate in their posts suddenly turning into hyenas that if not actively slating others permitted others to do it for them.

Slanderers are like flies; they leap over all a man’s good parts to light upon his sores —John Tillotson
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Penarth Blues wrote:I'd like this forum to offer a place where other people's views are respected, and where we are true to our own viewpoints without having to descend to personal abuse.

Good shout Penarth - this forum excels at being relaxed. TLG hasn't helped himself though - his remarks to Rich Munn's post being just one example. If he were to post an apology or were to simply stop his constant abuse towards a number of posters, I'm sure that would go a long way.

Regarding Gwyn, I wasn't at the meeting as you say and I'm not going to comment on what he did/didn't say - but a lot of the people who have commented about him wasn't at the meeting either. I haven't met Gwyn personally, but I think we should cut him some slack considering all that he has been through this summer.
Kiffa
Kiffa
Academy Player
User Points : 133
Posting Flair : 40

PostKiffa Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm afraid that board has created a whole bunch of EGOs which make the whole place predictable and boring. Whether its TLG on this kind of issue or Croesyblue and Sludge on their politics - far too many people have felt the need to create a name for themselves on an internet chat board. Quite bizarre behaviour for grown men - interestingly the same grown men who also appear to be unable to operate a sane, proportionate existence thanks to the changing of a colour.
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up

PostJudge dRed Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Penarth Blues wrote:
Judge dRed wrote:Is this the way forward? A forum of reconciliation where people apologise for their friends actions and all is well. I note there is a similar post on another forum concerning someone else who seemingly has made similar mistakes though not on quite the same scale.

I fully understand your viewpoint - and I share the slight feeling of schadenfreude regarding TLG right now - but if this forum is going to survive and prosper I think this is its best hope i.e. offering a place where we can try and establish some unity between the fans again.

If I want to go and read about people taking personal delight in other people's misfortunes, or offering abuse and other such crap then I have two other more well-established fora I can do that on.

Anyhow that's my view on the matter. As an observation, I'm finding it hard to leave CCMB for this forum as there are not yet enough regular posters onboard to make this my main board. I'm not sure how RBMB can attract more regular and interesting posters, but I am sure it won't be by turning it into the same bitch-fest as exists elsewhere.

This board will be moderate and permit all views. I'm sure of it.
If you are a friend of TLG can you not make him see reason? I suspect his true character though is as he presents it on CCMB and no amount of good counsel will prevail. He has never sought friends on the MBs, never joined in the banter except to belittle others. If he wants things to change then he ought to start with himself and people would soon forget what has passed.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum