talkSport about Cardiff City rebranding

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 am

Just talking a few minutes ago (now talking about Forest's takeover) and the one of them said they wouldn't care what kit their club played in, you play for the badge.

The other then pointed out that our owners have changed our badge and then he responded with well then I wouldn't be happy. I agree with him.

Are most people annoyed with the red kit or the badge? The red kit does not bother me in the slightest and neither would have the badge if it was done with the respect it warranted. However, it looks pretty tacky. I went down the CCS shop yesterday and saw the kit. I like it but I feel the badge doesn't have that 'WE'RE CARDIFF CITY' stamp on it, the professionalism. Im unsure as to whether I'll be buying it now as I felt a bit underwhelmed. I might just hold out for the kit next season, hopefully with Karl's badge or something worthy of being on a City shirt.

talkSport about Cardiff City rebranding 833362651
Albany Blue
Albany Blue
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1075
Posting Flair : 130

PostAlbany Blue Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:29 am

In nutshell, my views mirror yours. Would rather blue not really that bothered by the red.

Edit: This post makes me vice captain now, thanks gaffer talkSport about Cardiff City rebranding 1525230823
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 am

I felt okay with it when the news broke. I disliked the badge like everyone else but apart from that if it helped the club fair enough. Therefore you could consider me either a 'plastic' or someone that just wanted to enjoy watching football, and not mess about in politics.

Then I saw the stadium on a trip to Costco. And imagining a team in there playing in red felt very, very strange. It became a lot clearer to me having it in front of me for the first time since this all happened just how important blue was to the clubs reputation.

So yeah, I consider myself now in the 'I'd prefer to stay but im not going to kick off' crowd. This is probably also through the fact I don't want to be involved with the KCB campaign who seem determined to ruin everyone's enjoyment of the club, have caused much racial aggravation and have harassed club officials private accounts on twitter ever since.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:00 am

tbh, the badge doesn't bother me, it's been changed loads over the last 50 years. I prefer blue, don't mind red. For me it's city they represent.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 am

Red614 wrote:I felt okay with it when the news broke. I disliked the badge like everyone else but apart from that if it helped the club fair enough. Therefore you could consider me either a 'plastic' or someone that just wanted to enjoy watching football, and not mess about in politics.

Then I saw the stadium on a trip to Costco. And imagining a team in there playing in red felt very, very strange. It became a lot clearer to me having it in front of me for the first time since this all happened just how important blue was to the clubs reputation.

So yeah, I consider myself now in the 'I'd prefer to stay but im not going to kick off' crowd. This is probably also through the fact I don't want to be involved with the KCB campaign who seem determined to ruin everyone's enjoyment of the club, have caused much racial aggravation and have harassed club officials private accounts on twitter ever since.

The reason I dont want to get involved to be honest. No professionalism at all and ironically that is one of the things they've been blasting the Malaysians for in relation to the rebrand. I dont want to be involved with a group like that to be fair even if I did have similar views. I would love to support a Keep Cardiff Blue campaign and I would do so if it was done with some respect but fighting fire with fire just leads to everyone getting burnt most of the time.

The red kit doesn't bother me at all. We've had red away kits. What if we get to the Wembley final this year against Liverpool again and we lose the toss and get given the away dressing room and play in blue? We'd be on the world wide stage in blue.

The reason I dislike the badge is that it seems tacky. I think we deserve something more professional but considering that they've now realised their mistake in regards to fans consultation I dont mind and willing to put up with it for a season.
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:05 am

I prefer blue, don't mind red but think the badge needs to be looked at.

Is it just me or has anyone else thought that if we are to change our colour then we need to change the whole stadium aswell.We will be playing in red in a blue stadium talkSport about Cardiff City rebranding 2854552383 imo change it all or not at all.

Hope we dont look like the away team most of next season.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:08 am

thewelshfella wrote:I prefer blue, don't mind red but think the badge needs to be looked at.

Is it just me or has anyone else thought that if we are to change our colour then we need to change the whole stadium aswell.We will be playing in red in a blue stadium talkSport about Cardiff City rebranding 2854552383 imo change it all or not at all.

Hope we dont look like the away team most of next season.

This had occurred to me too. Might not help with the whole "bedding in" process.

I'm actually not a fan of the old bluebird crest either - thought it was very boring, cluttered and lacking in any real impact. So, in that sense, the badge hasn't changed that much. Will be good if they do decide to vamp it up next season though as some of the ideas floating around look great.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum