Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Transfer fee: £10.9m including add ons

Agent fees and signing on fee: £2m in total.

Salary: £45,000 per week 5 year contract: £11.7m

Rough Total: £24.6m

Disgraceful business.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:42 pm

By the man that signed the contract... coat
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Red614 wrote:By the man that signed the contract... coat

and negotiated the contract....coat
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Malky wouldn't be the first manager to potentially negotiate a ridiculous contract. I dare say the majority of managers have offered ridiculous sums to one player at some point in their career. The difference is the person sat with the calculator is supposed to shake their head. In our case, he apparently didn't.

I follow the classic business view - when something has gone wrong with the finances, the finance director's head should fall because ultimately it's his responsibility. Instead, this has been 100% been pinned on Malky and Moody, and Lim appears to of got away scot free.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:04 pm

The Mail said yesterday that Moody was authorised to sign deals off.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:09 pm

If Moody was authorised to sign off deals it answers a lot of questions
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:The Mail said yesterday that Moody was authorised to sign deals off.

Well you should also be asking questions of on earth allowed Malky's right hand man to sign off on these deals with anyone checking them first. There should be many, many more safeguards in place than what has transpired - a man doesn't make himself a billionaire by letting everyone spend his money as they please. Why has he been so careless here?
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:28 pm

He probably thought he was leaving two blokes who have a lot of football experience and knowledge in charge and that they should be able to do a better job than anyone else at the club. Unfortunately it looks like they weren't good with money
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:He probably thought he was leaving two blokes who have a lot of football experience and knowledge in charge and that they should be able to do a better job than anyone else at the club. Unfortunately it looks like they weren't good with money

Whatever he thought, it's uncharacteristically careless for a 'shrewd businessman'. Me personally, if I was spending 50 million pounds, I'd be signing every deal myself.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Well I suppose his business interests are worth billions and he is renowned for letting other people run them on his behalf with him simply overseeing. Football is a sideline he didn't know much about and he thought he ha left professionals in charge
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Tan said in the RW interview that he trusted Malky completely on football matters and that was when the £15m summer budget was mentioned. Regardless of the arguement about overspend, I think it is the perceived poor value for money that has upset Tan, together with the negative style of play........
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:25 pm

I have to admit, I found Tans attitude quite likeable for much if the game. His gleeful expression and thumbs up to the crowd everytime we scored actually made me smile, and you could visibly see how ecstatic he was everytime the ball was hoofed away in the last frantic five minutes. For a little while, he came across as quite likeable. More evidence of how this whole saga could of been so much different.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Tan wants to be liked...I do feel that if he is still here in 5-10 years people may look silly for giving him all this grief. I've worked with plenty of people before that come in and change things radically. Initially it's hard to get used to but they get where they are for a reason. Tan won't fail at this irrespective of what it costs and he wants us to be a team that, in the future, is consistently in the top ten in the country and he will do what is necessary to make that happen.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:58 pm

Tan wouldn't have been involved with contract negotiations and such. He would have told his Chairman, manager, and recruitment people, how much they have to spend, and let them get on with it. That's their job.
Tan trusted them to handle it, and they fucked it up. Big time.
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:20 am

Tan entrusted Malky and Moody with valuations and negotiations because they knew more about football than him. Does that not tell you something? 1) Tan is willing to put his trust in people he knows won't take liberties and 2) He accepts his football knowledge is limited even if he does want to get involved.

I dislike Tan for the rebrand but I'm not buying into this whole 'Tan wants to control the team all the time' nonsense. I suspect Tan wants to get involved, feel involved and because he's invested so much he wants the club to do well so he can. He wants to feel a part of things and enjoy the football buzz as any of us do. I can guarantee that if any fan was in a room with Malky for an hour or two team tactics or squad selection would come up as a subject. Why? Because we as fans care and we want to understand. Why can't Tan want to care or understand as the owner who has invested millions?

I also suspect Tan did tell players to shoot more and guess what? Yesterday we did and we scored 2 goals at home as well. We also played our best football of the season in my view apart from the odd 25 minutes. We did take risks and Marshall made brilliant saves. That I can accept as a newly promoted team. What I cannot accept is not trying to make a game of it and imposing yourself on the opposition. Yesterday we did that and although we only drew 2-2 vs Sunderland I was happy with the effort, the attempt to play football and the attempt to have a go at them and show them we can be a force to be reckoned with.

All this nonsense about Tan telling Marshall to shoot is media hysteria. It is nonsense. Tan may not know much about football but he's not an imbecile. He just wants players he's paid a lot for to shoot as shooting is how you actually score. Its one of the basic principles of the game. Suarez scores loads of goals because he shoots from impossible ranges and catches keepers off guards. Negredo's messed up attempt caught Mignolet off guard, he made an error and they scored. Simple as that. You take chances and eventually you'll breach the defence unless the keeper is having a phenomenal game.

The media has united behind Malky and his side because they want to be portrayed as the loving media that cares about managers, the fans and the beautiful game. This nonsense coming from the very people who are employed and kept in jobs by the big businesses like Sky. Its laughable. How can Michael Owen or Redknapp or anyone else who works for such companies (Sky, BT Sport) have a say on such matters when they've basically signed themselves over to the devil thats the catalyst for what football is these days? It all stems from this money pouring in. Tan would not be here rebranding us and taking chances on us if it wasn't for the lucrative TV deals, the 'Premier League' brand and so on.

Tan is playing everyone for fools to put it bluntly. He never said much during the Malky affair. I suspect by the tone of the leaks that most came from either Lim or Malky's side. I suspect Malky wanted out knowing he'd get no more money and had to force the issue as Tan didn't want to pay him off.

Tan acts the clown but he isn't one. He knows we want blue back but he believes in red. He is superstitious but that doesn't make him an idiot. Some of the greatest and most intellectual people in history have been superstitious or have had questionable beliefs that others would contest. Tan acts the clown for publicity. Bad publicity is still publicity. Just remember that with all this negativity leaves room for positivity in the future. If Tan sorts things out he can quite quickly go from villain to hero in a moment and he knows this. He's just keeping his cards close to his chest and he's being shrewd.

I have nothing against Tan other than for the rebrand. I'll admit that I am not happy with him for that but in every other respect he's right.

1) Malky's football was boring, uninspiring and a confidence drain
2) Malky and Moody wasted a lot of money judging by the sum revealed
3) Malky said publicly about transfers in January and Tan shot him down. Malky would have known beforehand about the spending issues. The whole argument did not start then as they've been off with each other for ages proven by the Man City game pictures. Malky put the bait out and Tan bit as he had enough. Tan should have sacked him then at that exact moment for bringing the whole affair into the public domain.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the Tan is an idiot and Malky is an angel rubbish. Malky had many many faults people failed to see and his charm and charisma meant he was, unlike Mr Grumpy aka Dave Jones, able to manipulate the media and fans to get them onside and ensure they believed every word he said. Most did. Others saw through the rubbish. The media loved Malky because he had a good rapport with them unlike Jones who told them straight.

if Tan hadn't rebranded us many would be siding with him on this issue and many would be saying he's the best owner we've ever had. Well for me, rebrand aside, he is the best owner we've ever had. Also, to those who say he hasn't a clue about football, well, he sacked the manager and we suddenly play the best attacking football we've seen this year. We also conceded only 2 which is still better than the 3 conceded in each of the 2 games before. I highly suspect he knows more than we give him credit for and that he is still learning about the game. He's always said he wants to feel a part of things and learn and become more knowledgeable about football so he hasn't lied there.

He says a lot of things for attention, so did Steve Jobs, who many people within the computing sector who know the truth about him hate. Steve Jobs didn't acknowledge his child for years. Steve Jobs abused and belittled staff. Steve Jobs loved himself and was ruthless in firing people, humiliating people and ensuring that his opinion ruled over others. He was a sociopathic megalomaniac and there's no doubt about it. However, Steve Jobs was very intelligent even if he did do and say some stuff others would regard as bewildering or insane.

Tan is not the idiot some people think he is.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum