View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:40 am

It was brilliant, it was a review of its programmes covering the 'senses' over the past 30 years. Numerous touching examples of how in cases or permenant sensory deprivation or damage other senses 'step up to the plate' to compensate. This is intensely personal for me as after falling off my Chopper Sprint as a child I temporarily lost me sense of smell. My sense of fashion and sense of decorum immediately ignited turning me into somewhat of a fop. This led to a period of sustained and vicious beatings at the hands of my peers. This resulted in a period of temporary blindness... Luckily my sense of entitlement kicked in which frankly made things so much worse....

Anybody else had inappropriate or over zealous compensatory sensory realignment
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:59 am

Yes.
NN2Red
NN2Red
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 396
Posting Flair : 50

PostNN2Red Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:05 am

[quote="Valley Trash"]It was brilliant, it was a review of its programmes covering the 'senses' over the past 30 years. Numerous touching examples of how in cases or permenant sensory deprivation or damage other senses 'step up to the plate' to compensate. This is intensely personal for me as after falling off my Chopper Sprint as a child I temporarily lost me sense of smell. My sense of fashion and sense of decorum immediately ignited turning me into somewhat of a fop. This led to a period of sustained and vicious beatings at the hands of my peers. This resulted in a period of temporary blindness... Luckily my sense of entitlement kicked in which frankly made things so much worse....

Anybody else had inappropriate or over zealous compensatory sensory realignment [/quote

Has anyone just watched Horizon on the telly 1525230823 Has anyone just watched Horizon on the telly 692773407
Malaise Yeah!
Malaise Yeah!
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 382
Posting Flair : 50

PostMalaise Yeah! Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:43 am

Quality post.
Sad to say apart from being under the influence (like I am at the moment) I have had a pretty sane life experience. Music can tip me over the edge occasionally. I can lose myself in a quality album, then just turn the news channel on, and suddenly life kicks in.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:45 am

Music does it for me... Quality tunes can instantly change my mood Has anyone just watched Horizon on the telly 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum