View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man Of Harlech
Man Of Harlech
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 369
Posting Flair : 30

PostMan Of Harlech Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:28 am

Every morning I log on in the hope of seeing news of new signings. I find the lack of activity both disappointing and slightly concerning.

Clearly we need some activity for the benefit of the playing squad but also to help pull the pro and anti red factions back together. It is concerning therefore to see Malky reported as being prepared to leave signings until the last minute if necessary, especially given the failure of that strategy in January. I can understand why the club have not wanted to be paying new players throughout the Summer but now is surely the time to secure who we want.

We were told several times last year that the underperformance of certain players was partially as a result of them not having had a full pre-season with us. This was said again yesterday by Rudy about himself. Surely then if we are going to have a proper tilt at promotion this year we should be signing players now for that reason. I hope that the club dispell my fears by announcing some signings soon, but if not then I fear that my unwavering support of the rebrand to date, might just be tested.

Two questions.

Is this pre season training a factor that really does affect a player's entire season or is it just an easy excuse?

Is it just me or do others have the same fears/reservations over the apparent lack of activity in the transfer market?
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 am

Only 5 days in, I'll start worrying in a couple of weeks if nothing's happened.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:42 am

I was hoping for a few more myself...but I'm just impatient.

How many do you think we will get in by a week Friday? :)

I'm going to say 3
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:48 am

I understand your points because the deals in theory could have been sorted before the transfer window opening and then just the paperwork processed once it was open. The transfer being closed don't mean transfers can't be agreed by clubs, it just means nothing official with the governing bodies can be processed so a player can officially switch clubs.

Therefore, we could have easily sorted out deals in the build up to the opening of the window and already had a signing or two by now. However, we have got Mutch so maybe that time was spent by Malky keeping his eye firmly on the free transfer market rather than trying to broker deals with clubs.
Man Of Harlech
Man Of Harlech
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostMan Of Harlech Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:20 am

I suppose we need to see some out as well - but not Whitts please

I would be delighted with 3 in and 1 out
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 am

I firmly believe
that the manager
of this great football club
with the full support of the board
has already wrapped the major signings he needs
and is keeping them under his hat
to announce to one and all
upon the declaration of the first team sheet
so that we may marvel
at his great insight
in all matters football
that we may never again
doubt his or the board's commitment
to the glorious future
of our once great club.
We rise like a pheonix
from the red flames
symbolised in our new red colours
to once again challenge
for the trophies
and titles
at the highest levels.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:57 am

The possible Richard Keogh acquisition hasn't crashed & burned yet, but Leeds are in the picture. I think we'll see more of an influx, if a couple of players actually see potential at Cardiff and choose us over the competition.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 am

When players have a poor start to the season they or the manager often blame a lack of pre season. When they have had a pre season they often whinge about being tired out.

These are professional footballers, I personally don't believe all this fit/unfit/not match fit bollox. It's just an excuse for being out of form. Why can't they just be staright and say "look I know I've been playing rubbish lately, but I'm trying my hardest, honest like". Most of us have played sport of one sort or another and we all know what it's like to have a crap few games, I'm sure we'd understand, wouldn't we?
Man Of Harlech
Man Of Harlech
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostMan Of Harlech Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 am

I am not so sure that there is a lot of understaning shown by fans about poor form. But i do agree that a dose of honesty would be refreshing.
Man Of Harlech
Man Of Harlech
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostMan Of Harlech Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:18 am

I am not so sure that there is a lot of understaning shown by fans about poor form. But i do agree that a dose of honesty would be refreshing.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:24 am

Man Of Harlech wrote:I am not so sure that there is a lot of understaning shown by fans about poor form. But i do agree that a dose of honesty would be refreshing.

Sure enough, this lack of understanding is shown every time we play a form team and beat them and our fans say that team are s**t, ignoring their previous form and not understanding that no team can possibly play at it's full potential every single game of the season.
The Other Mr Bean
The Other Mr Bean
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 469
Posting Flair : 20

PostThe Other Mr Bean Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:47 pm

I understand that Malky is on holidays at the moment so I can't see much happening with actual signings although no doubt there may be a lot going on behind the scenes.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:20 am

It is worrying just how many good signings are being made by other teams do quickly, with many more in the pipeline. Still, I have faith for now. In a month of nothing's changed, not so sure.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:00 am

I'm off to Italy for a week tomorrow. The question is do I spend a fortune surfing the net every night or remain in blissful ignorance until I come home next Saturday and read about a shedful of signings while I've been away.
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:11 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:I'm off to Italy for a week tomorrow. The question is do I spend a fortune surfing the net every night or remain in blissful ignorance until I come home next Saturday and read about a shedful of signings while I've been away.

If you don't you might not learn of our relocation to the Millstad and turn up at an empty stadium transformed into a Council waste recycling centre. The shock could just push you over the edge and into one of the recycling skips.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum