TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Even after the poor display at Birmingham, I don't think we will see many changes. Maybe Gunnarsson & Damour back in midfield, but I can't see this as a game for Lee Tomlin.

Wouldn't be surprised if we did get something from this, as we seem to do better against the fancied teams. Perhaps they concentrate more on their own game than trying to stop us playing?

1 - 1 draw

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:16 am

Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:
TDA wrote:That was a tricky run of 8 games with international breaks at both ends.  Those "rests" coincided with our worst performances, so to me, were real momentum breakers.

Nevertheless, our form over the first 13 games would multiply out at 95 points over the entire season.

95 points? Since the 2004-05 season, only three teams have bettered that number. Reading (106) in 05-06, Newcastle (102) in 09-10 and Leicester (102) in 13-14. That’s an impressive number of points. We only managed 87 under Malky

We had a big lead at the top of the table by Christmas and coasted over the line in our promotion season. Our late season form wasn't nearly as good, but we were so far ahead it didn't matter.

We were W9 D1 L3 (28 points) after the first 13 games (2.15 points per game), but only W3 D8 L2 (17 points) for the final 13 matches (1.31 per game). In between, we had continued the early season momentum for another 20 matches W13 D3 L4 (42 points, 2.10 per game).

Definitely foot off the gas on the run in.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:00 am

TDA wrote:
Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:
TDA wrote:That was a tricky run of 8 games with international breaks at both ends.  Those "rests" coincided with our worst performances, so to me, were real momentum breakers.

Nevertheless, our form over the first 13 games would multiply out at 95 points over the entire season.

95 points? Since the 2004-05 season, only three teams have bettered that number. Reading (106) in 05-06, Newcastle (102) in 09-10 and Leicester (102) in 13-14. That’s an impressive number of points. We only managed 87 under Malky

We had a big lead at the top of the table by Christmas and coasted over the line in our promotion season.  Our late season form wasn't nearly as good, but we were so far ahead it didn't matter.

We were W9 D1 L3 (28 points) after the first 13 games (2.15 points per game), but only W3 D8 L2 (17 points) for the final 13 matches (1.31 per game).  In between, we had continued the early season momentum for another 20 matches W13 D3 L4 (42 points, 2.10 per game).

Definitely foot off the gas on the run in.

Slumdog and I watched a lot of matches that season and I noticed a big change as the season wore in as we seemed to be more conservative, trying to hold on rather than blow teams away. Perhaps Malky knew grinding out a point a game with the odd win would be just enough and was worried that going for the wins would be more of a risk?

On a side note, was the promotion season the year of the last BBMB get together?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Twas indeed! Our numbers dwindled during the Premiership year and we've not arranged anything since.

Although Tache, Tyrion, myself, Rhys D and my brother were involved in a 5-a-side league team for a while which Rhys D took over when I relocated back to London. They won their division quite convincingly, I gather. I never played a single league game though as I damaged my ligaments the day before our first match. Coincidence? I think not.

Sicknote Western strikes again - helping teams by being unavailable since 1978.

sob
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:35 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:Twas indeed! Our numbers dwindled during the Premiership year and we've not arranged anything since.

Although Tache, Tyrion, myself, Rhys D and my brother were involved in a 5-a-side league team for a while which Rhys D took over when I relocated back to London. They won their division quite convincingly, I gather. I never played a single league game though as I damaged my ligaments the day before our first match. Coincidence? I think not.

Sicknote Western strikes again - helping teams by being unavailable since 1978.

sob

So there was five of you in the 5-a-side team, you left and they performed better? With four team members?

rofl
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum