Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Times are reporting that Man Ure have beaten Chelsea to the signing of Lukaku for a mere £100m. The fee involves Wayne Rooney going the other way for £10m.
They must have been gutted at missing out on Danny Ward.

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:This year transfer market does seem to be bonkers. Rafa Benitez has bemoaned it already:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40567887

If City could obtain promotion and run themselves solvently like Burnley, I don't mind being a selling club. As long as there is an excellent scouting network and academy we can pick up young players released by the big clubs or players from abroad looking for a chance then we can stay up. A dream scenario would be to follow Burnley. No financial issues, didn't spend a lot to go up and seem to be able to stay there. I don't mind hanging on in the Prem each season because the money would still be huge and we would be in the top 20 clubs in the UK
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Slimfrog's Son™ wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:This year transfer market does seem to be bonkers. Rafa Benitez has bemoaned it already:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40567887

If City could obtain promotion and run themselves solvently like Burnley, I don't mind being a selling club. As long as there is an excellent scouting network and academy we can pick up young players released by the big clubs or players from abroad looking for a chance then we can stay up. A dream scenario would be to follow Burnley. No financial issues, didn't spend a lot to go up and seem to be able to stay there. I don't mind hanging on in the Prem each season because the money would still be huge and we would be in the top 20 clubs in the UK

Yup! In truth that would better anything than my first 20 odd years of supporting the club when we were at best a Division 3/4 yo-yo club, at worst, desperately hanging on to our football league status.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum