View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:57 pm

With the focus on cardiff for the final I think it was inevitable something was going to Happen elsewhere,

The question is what do we do about it?! I don't think we can really do much?!
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:04 pm

A shocking end to a wonderful day.

It seems you cannot legislate for this type of attack.

RIP to those innocents, not to the 3 scum shot dead.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:16 am

Tans Tache wrote:With the focus on cardiff for the final I think it was inevitable something was going to Happen elsewhere,

It's difficult to prevent. Our security forces can detect high level plans through monitoring internet and phone communications as well as using human intelligence preventing massive plots. But it is difficult to stop these small groups that perhaps don't co-ordinate with overseas organisations and can undertake an attack with minimal planning and preparation using just some kitchen utensils and a vehicle.

For groups like that the onus has to be on the families, friends and communities of these people to vigorously report suspicious behaviour and to reinforce that such actions cannot be justified by religious texts written over a millennia ago as they are not applicable in a modern context.

I just think that Islamic fundamentalism is the modern equivalent of the 80's hooliganism movement. It's people that want to believe in something that haven't made much of their lives to date and are easily influenced by online sermons and radical UK based preachers telling them to commit atrocities. Unfortunately I think we haven't made people integrate enough and this is borne out time and time again by people advising that they are Muslims first and then British which leads them to sympathise with terrorists more than they should.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Slimfog's Son™ wrote:
Tans Tache wrote:With the focus on cardiff for the final I think it was inevitable something was going to Happen elsewhere,

It's difficult to prevent. Our security forces can detect high level plans through monitoring internet and phone communications as well as using human intelligence preventing massive plots. But it is difficult to stop these small groups that perhaps don't co-ordinate with overseas organisations and can undertake an attack with minimal planning and preparation using just some kitchen utensils and a vehicle.

For groups like that the onus has to be on the families, friends and communities of these people to vigorously report suspicious behaviour and to reinforce that such actions cannot be justified by religious texts written over a millennia ago as they are not applicable in a modern context.

I just think that Islamic fundamentalism is the modern equivalent of the 80's hooliganism movement. It's people that want to believe in something that haven't made much of their lives to date and are easily influenced by online sermons and radical UK based preachers telling them to commit atrocities. Unfortunately I think we haven't made people integrate enough and this is borne out time and time again by people advising that they are Muslims first and then British which leads them to sympathise with terrorists more than they should.

Agreed Slimfog and perhaps the first bit of sense I've ever heard you talk.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:
Slimfog's Son™️ wrote:

Agreed Slimfog and perhaps the first bit of sense I've ever heard you talk.

Shocked London Terror Attacks Again 2294057153 London Terror Attacks Again 1525230823

London Terror Attacks Again 692773407
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum