Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:34 pm

For posterity I thought we best have a dedicated thread for today's events. Any updates throughout the day should be posted here.

Currently nothing has been announced, but here is what is what we are hoping for:

- A return to the blue home kit - perhaps for the beginning of next season.
- A new crest - thank the Lord for that! Possibly with a predominant bluebird on it.

Well I'm about to go to work and won't be done until about 6:30pm - I'm hoping to read a lot happy posts later on.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Surprised but pleased with the outcome of the meeting last night. Lets now hope the quality of the football and squad vastly improve.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Presuming everything goes as it seems it will, there is a further suggestion this morning that City could apply to play in blue next Tuesday against Brighton. That would be the one game this season they could do that.

Given the "Scarfgate" game two years ago was also against Brighton, this would be an appropriate gesture............... An Historic Day: The Official Thread 1525230823
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:40 pm

I was pleased to read last night that every single person who attended that meeting was well behaved... (i had a feeling a certain someones cretins may have kicked off)

I still cant help but feel.... (as i said previously)... that if we do return to blue there will be Terms & conditions tan will put in place.. i cant see him holding his hands up and saying 'ok guys i was wrong to change you to red ill change you back to blue'.. without a cost!
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 178
Posting Flair : 0

PostMessi Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 pm

This happened because of attendance FA cup and renewing 6 0/0.
Money talks, not all the bullshit about respect etc
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Dalmans interview on SSN yesterday
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Latest from Walesonline is that City could play in blue at home for rest of season, provided opposition and match officials agree.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:31 pm

wow! cant see it happening until next season though. i know we can have 1 home game where we can wear our away kit but surely not for rest of season
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Apparently allowed in exceptional circumstances by League rules.
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 pm

Apparently the football league have all ready given their approval to change the kit back to blue, I'm sure I read this last night think it was twitter
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:27 pm

BREAKING: Cardiff City have called a press conference for 2pm. This will follow a board meeting, which is believed to be taking place as we speak.

We will have a decision on a return to blue this afternoon

sky sports already setting up camp outside stadium
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:39 am

20 minutes till D-Day,
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:41 am

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:05 am

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has confirmed the club is returning to blue with immediate effect.

The Bluebirds chief made the announcement in an official statement less than 24 hours after a meeting between other club officials and around 50 fans’ representatives at Cardiff City Stadium on Thursday evening.

Cardiff will wear their traditional colours for tomorrow’s Championship home clash with Fulham, and for the rest of the 2014-15 season, after gaining special permission from the Football League this morning to make the change.

Tan’s statement also confirmed:

* Cardiff will wear blue, not red, for their home matches throughout the 2015-16 campaign as well

* The club crest will have a prominent bluebird on it as the dominant image

* Season ticket prices will be reduced for those outside the five-year price freeze. Those who have been on the price freeze deal will see what the club call a minimal increase.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend

PostTans Tache Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:15 am

Full Tan statement:

The Christmas and New Year period has given me time to reflect on the events of the last year. Spending time with my family had a profound effect upon me. My mother, Madam Low Siew Beng, a devout Buddhist, who attended Cardiff City Football Club to watch them play, spoke to me on the importance of togetherness, unity and happiness.

Cardiff City Football Club is important to me and I wish to see it united and happy. With the guidance, blessing and influence of my mother, I asked my Chairman, Mehmet Dalman and Chief Executive Officer, Ken Choo for their advice and to consult with a good cross-section of the fan base.

This meeting took place last night, when some seventy representatives of our supporters were present. My thanks and gratitude to those who gave up their evening and time to be there. I am informed that this was a very productive and frank exchange of views, but all with the same objective to strengthen our Club. These views were also added to by a large number of emails that were sent to the Club over the last 24 hours from our wider supporter base.

To paraphrase John F. Kennedy, “Let us never compromise out of fear. But let us never fear to compromise.”

My wish is to unite and make the Club successful and in order to achieve this I fully support the Board’s decision to implement the following changes:

1. Starting from Saturday, 10 January 2015 and until the end of this season, our home kit shall be Blue. Our Away Kit shall be Red. I would like to thank the Football League for their approval to facilitate my request.

2. For the 2015/16 season, Cardiff City’s home kit colour shall be Blue. Our Away Kit colour shall be Red.

3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

4. As the Chairman has explained, the debt to equity resolution is not straightforward.

We will deal with this in due course, with all decisions made in the best interest of the Club.

5. For the 2015/16 Season, Non Price Freeze Season Tickets will be reduced and Price Freeze Season Tickets shall be adjusted accordingly to match these prices.

I very much hope these steps will bring unity, success and happiness to our Club. The challenge ahead for us is enormous and I truly believe we will overcome these obstacles as a united Club. I believe with divine blessings, Cardiff City Football Club will achieve great success.

Warm regards

Vincent Tan Chee Yioun
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum