Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Was Saturday's attendance.

Although this is good news for those wanting to pick up tickets for pretty much any game, it is also quite worrying.

We have lost a lot of support it appears. Surely there wasn't 6k premier league plastics?

I hope this was down to the fact that our opposition were unglamorous, but for the opening home game of the season? It's a bit concerning.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 pm

I think there are a few factors at work here Rhys. When we got promoted to the Prem a lot of people were obviously keen to see us playing against the 'big teams' that weren't interested before. A number of these will have decided that a season ticket was the safest option as they knew there would be a bid demand.

Forward a 12 month and with relegation AND a bigger stadium the less committed know there will be seats available and will forgo buying a season ticket to pick and choose their games. Huddersfield, in August with the schools still off, was never going to be a big draw for the more casual fan.

Add to this that the attendance in the away end, which was often packed last season, will be well down on most games and that is going to adversely affect the crowd too.

I really hope that if we do ok and are around  the play off spots during the season that we wont drop below 20,000 for a weekend game. I would also hope that if we were fighting strongly in 1st or 2nd place then those crowds will begin to creep up nearer the 23,000 - 24,000 mark especially against a promotion rival.

Loss of crowds when relegated is a phenomena that affects just about every club. As long as we keep above 20,000 for most games and increase the numbers if successful then i think that will be a reasonable and predicatable outcome.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:49 pm

I mentioned in this in the match thread. Worrying for the first game, but as you both said, unglamorous opponents, summer holidays and smaller travelling support are all factors.

A good run will get us up to the 23,000 mark, I am sure.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Fulham lost 8000 on their premiership average, so comparatively we are'nt that bad.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm

On the face of it it seems like a big drop, but that's only a few hundred lower than the corresponding fixture two years ago on the opening day.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum