View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon May 26, 2014 2:29 am

With more players obviously still to come in (maybe Macheda by tomorrow) how many players do you think need offloading? Including Burgstaller as a central midfield player (he can play across the pitch but often seems quite central watching the YouTube clips of him) i make it that we have 10 central midfield players at the club - surely too many. Medel will no doubt be gone by the start of next season but even so we seem overloaded in that postion.

I have included Cowie in the list as he has been offered a contract - with the amount of players already in that position i cannot really see why - unless Ole is intending to offload a number of our players in that position.

The CM list as i make it is:

Whittingham
Mutch
Eikrem
Burgstaller
Kim
Gunnarsson
Cowie
Medel
Ralls
Kiss
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon May 26, 2014 3:04 am

From that llist, I expect Medel & Kiss to go and maybe Kimbo, especially if a decent offer came in from abroad. He has said that he would like to play in Germany.

Cowie, I believe, will join up with Malky again and there is a chance that Mutch will be a target for a PL club......maybe one of the newly promoted ones.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon May 26, 2014 3:25 am

TDA wrote:From that llist, I expect Medel & Kiss to go and maybe Kimbo, especially if a decent offer came in from abroad.  He has said that he would like to play in Germany.  

Cowie, I believe, will join up with Malky again and there is a chance that Mutch will be a target for a PL club......maybe one of the newly promoted ones.

Although losing Medel and Caulker seems both inevitable and the right choice for both player and club i do hope we can hold onto the likes of Mutch and Noone. Players who might attract Premier interest but also might just stay with us and help us try to get back up again.

If we held onto Mutch i would be ok with seeing all the rest go and maybe Gunnarsson as well. I am interested to see if Ralls fits into Ole's plans and just how Burgstaller will be utilised.

I still believe we need at least one and probably two genuine wingers to add to the squad.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon May 26, 2014 4:40 am

Just hope we get all our transfer business - incoming and outgoing - as soon as possible. With it being a World Cup year though it's likely that we'll keep on increasing the squad before any PL clubs come calling.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon May 26, 2014 6:29 am

Im more worried about our striker situation personally.

Campbell
Javi Guerrera
Mason
Maynard
Healey
Jones
Berget
Macheda (?)
Lewis Grabban (?)

In a team that's probably going to play a 4-5-1, that means we have 9 players fighting for one place. Looks like Mason and Healey may never get a chance.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon May 26, 2014 6:51 am

Mason, Campbell, Jones, Maynard I can see leaving, Also not forgetting velcro only went out on loan,so I can see him leaving,

would it Hurt sending healy out on short term loan?

Grabban deal is that actually going to happen, ???
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon May 26, 2014 6:51 am

Campbell & Jones to leave and Grabban won't happen if we get Macheda.  Berget, Velcro &  Healey out on loan, leaving us with Guerra, Macheda, Mason & Maynard......... 36 Players at the club including Healey and Harris 1525230823
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 am

TDA wrote:Campbell & Jones to leave and Grabban won't happen if we get Macheda.  Berget, Velcro &  Healey out on loan, leaving us with Guerra, Macheda, Mason & Maynard......... 36 Players at the club including Healey and Harris 1525230823

Situation I see the most likely too, but can't say id be happy about leaving Mason to rot in the subs yet again. He deserves much more from us, be it first team football or the opportunity to find it elsewhere.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue May 27, 2014 12:25 am

TDA wrote:Campbell & Jones to leave and Grabban won't happen if we get Macheda.  Berget, Velcro &  Healey out on loan, leaving us with Guerra, Macheda, Mason & Maynard......... 36 Players at the club including Healey and Harris 1525230823

36 Players at the club including Healey and Harris 3874419067 
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum