View previous topic View next topic Go down

glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:12 am

Just a question as I in work today and have no idea how bad Cardiff was today, How long do you think OGS will be given? Will he be given a season in the Championship to get Cardiff back up or will they get rid at the end of this season?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:18 am

I don't think he will get a another whole season. I hope he does because he's owed a chance to make up for what he has done wrong and I'd hate to be the new Blackburn. However, Tan hasn't exactly been reluctant to point out at every opportunity survival was the goal. He has failed, and I'm really not sure how Tan will take that.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:15 am

I just don't understand what has happened to our defending..!?! It's just unbelievable how bad we are at the back.

Taylor is s**t, Caulker is overrated and Turner is not the finished article.

Unless OGS does something dramatic I'm afraid we will plummet to mid table obscurity next season
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:40 pm

I think that is the real worry Rhys....maybe even worse. I believe it is time for a clear out and re-build.

In the main, individually, the players are still the same capable guys that Malky bought, but morale had been going down the pan throughout the season and we are now seeing the effects.

Whether they can be remoulded into a team capable of taking the Championship, I am not sure.

It will be interesting to see who leaves and who wants to stay in the first instance. We will definitely need to get rid of the passengers.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:19 pm

I hope OGS is given another season. I wouldn't underestimate the difference a good preseason can make. If he can get the squad he wants, playing the way he wants, I think we'll be ok.

As has been said, a lot will depend on who stays and who goes.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:18 pm

SteWells wrote:I hope OGS is given another season. I wouldn't underestimate the difference a good preseason can make. If he can get the squad he wants, playing the way he wants, I think we'll be ok.

Thoughts? 3874419067

I'm a firm believer in continuity. Look at Leicester this season - they could easily have sacked Pearson at any time over the previous few seasons of (relative) failure but their faith has been repaid this season. They also look very well equipped for the Premiership now too.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:53 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
SteWells wrote:I hope OGS is given another season. I wouldn't underestimate the difference a good preseason can make. If he can get the squad he wants, playing the way he wants, I think we'll be ok.

Thoughts? 3874419067

I'm a firm believer in continuity. Look at Leicester this season - they could easily have sl has been repaid this season. They also look very well equipped for the Premiership now too.

Further, id of sacked Pearson last season personally. He's had three seasons of heavy backing in the transfer market and the best he could offer was playoff places. Yet a few months later and he's steamrollered the league and win promotion with six games to spare. Winning the league is merely a formality as well.

Definetely gives a bit of perspective to in particular teams like Tottenham and what could happen if they demonstrated patience.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 am

Absolutely no chance of him being sacked. He was Tan and Delman's man - like fuc* either would admit to making the wrong choice.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:49 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Absolutely no chance of him being sacked. He was Tan and Delman's man - like fuc* either would admit to making the wrong choice.

Thoughts? 692773407 Thoughts? 692773407 
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum