Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 am

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:42 pm

I hate to be the pessimist, but you could also blame Rudy Gestede and Anthony Gerrard...
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:54 pm

An interesting article Gloves but there's one important statement I just can't agree with -
"Those who had followed the club during famous European campaigns and the less glamorous basement days had decided enough was enough. Their club was gone."
Myself and all my mates are of this age and, although we thought the change of colour was pointless and would prefer to stay blue, we were never that stirred up about it.
We've also found the sight of protest marches full of youngsters chanting 'we'd rather be blue in division 2' faintly ludicrous because the reality is that they would be amongst the first to protest about how bad the team is and they simply wouldn't watch. Many of them are the 'plastics' as they say rather than those who have stoically continued watching terrible City teams through the years without protest. As for the lost history and heritage, it was still there last time I looked.
I also have no particularly strong objections to the marches as long as they are peaceful and don't affect the team on the pitch but I do have doubts about the motives and personal agenda of a section of the protest leadership.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Just to defend gloves, of course there are aome exceptions to any point. If you could only ever say something if it was true for 100% of the people involved you would never be able to say anything. Many, many have left, the practically 100% blue stadium showed the level of resent now around. Just because some people don't agree, I still think Tan has lost the majority of the fanbase.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:03 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:An interesting article Gloves but there's one important statement I just can't agree with -
"Those who had followed the club during famous European campaigns and the less glamorous basement days had decided enough was enough. Their club was gone."
Myself and all my mates are of this age and, although we thought the change of colour was pointless and would prefer to stay blue, we were never that stirred up about it.
We've also found the sight of protest marches full of youngsters chanting 'we'd rather be blue in division 2' faintly ludicrous because the reality is that they would be amongst the first to protest about how bad the team is and they simply wouldn't watch. Many of them are the 'plastics' as they say rather than those who have stoically continued watching terrible City teams through the years without protest. As for the lost history and heritage, it was still there last time I looked.
I also have no particularly strong objections to the marches as long as they are peaceful and don't affect the team on the pitch but I do have doubts about the motives and personal agenda of a section of the protest leadership.

Pretty much sums up the view of this long-suffering, older Cardiff City fan as well...... Dortmund, protests and how Kenny Miller could have prevented the rebrand 1525230823 
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:34 am

TDA wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:An interesting article Gloves but there's one important statement I just can't agree with -

Pretty much sums up the view of this long-suffering, older Cardiff City fan as well...... Dortmund, protests and how Kenny Miller could have prevented the rebrand 1525230823 

I'm only 30-something but I feel like this too...

Dortmund, protests and how Kenny Miller could have prevented the rebrand 2925389657
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:42 am

I remember that Miller chance very well Gloves. It stuck with me more than the penalties did funnily enough as I felt that was our "Birmingham" moment. C'est la vie!

You might want to grammar check that article again though. Think there are a few words that, although spelled correctly, are not necessarily what you meant.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:32 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:I remember that Miller chance very well Gloves. It stuck with me more than the penalties did funnily enough as I felt that was our "Birmingham" moment. C'est la vie!

You might want to grammar check that article again though. Think there are a few words that, although spelled correctly, are not necessarily what you meant.

Cheers for the feedback all. I did notice Arks, unfortunately I have no control of the article once it's submitted - I'm pretty certain there was no errors in it when it originally went up :weneedalookingoverthewallsmiley:
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:12 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:I remember that Miller chance very well Gloves. It stuck with me more than the penalties did funnily enough as I felt that was our "Birmingham" moment. C'est la vie!

Cheers for the feedback all. I did notice Arks, unfortunately I have no control of the article once it's submitted - I'm pretty certain there was no errors in it when it originally went up :weneedalookingoverthewallsmiley:

Dortmund, protests and how Kenny Miller could have prevented the rebrand 4228682415 Dortmund, protests and how Kenny Miller could have prevented the rebrand 692773407 
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:26 pm

I agree. Flair for that.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum