View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:59 pm

In Serie D (I didn't know it existed either)last week, the very low sun caused a goalkeeper to suffer a very embarrassing blooper, when a pass back to him from a throw in went completely unseen and rolled straight through his legs. The other team instead of gloating acknowledge that it was a fluke, and stand off the ball from kickoff to allow them to score an equaliser unchallenged. Fair play.

Maybe showing the quality of football down that low in the leagues, if you watch carefully the centreback nearly accidentally tackles the striker, due to his inability to dribble around a man that was standing still  Some fantastic Fair Play 2854552383 

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:17 am

Well well - would that happen in british football, irrelevant of the league. Not sure it would. 

Blunders happen all the time in football, shouldn't mean the other team get a free goal surely?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:43 am

I think it depends on the nature of the mistake. That one was caused by the sun glaring straight at the goalkeeper, you can see him shielding his eyes in an attempt to see what the hell was going on. If there was no excuse and he just made a right mess of it than if deem it his fault.

I'd link it to that incident that involved Sunderland and someone else, when the ball was deflected into the goal via a beachball. I reckon that would justify a free equalising goal as it was completely unfair.

Though to be fair, I remember playing a football match as the goalkeeper lucky enough to be guarding the goal on the uphill side of a sloped pitch, and that was brilliant. Every striker that came my way was knackeres from the climb and more often than not skied the shot due to the angle, and every stop I made ended up with the ball rolling all the way back down the pitch. It was only a school match so was only 15 minutes and the opposing team asked to swap ends half way - we refused. coat
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:43 am

That sounds like the school pitch we used to have at Stanwell - you always wanted to be on the team playing downhill in the second half. Some fantastic Fair Play 692773407 

Here's some more fairplay from the Bundesliga - TWICE in one match in fact!

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum