View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:47 am

Assembled from whoscored.com's stats, Kim Bo Kyung and Declan John are two of the worst players for their position in the league. Kim is highlighted as a jack of all trade, but master of none'. Declan John is statistically the worst left back in the league, guilty of defensive mistakes and a very poor offensive record. But guess who the second worst back in the league is? Taylor.

Personally, I see this as a case of somewhat misleading stats. I would highlight faces such as Craig Bellamy as having been more of a flop this season than Declan John, and KTC is also very dodgy at this level.

Only players that have played ten games for their current team count, by the way. Fabio can count himself lucky... coat

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9196856/top-flops-who-are-premier-leagues-under-performers
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:52 am

Red614 wrote:Assembled from whoscored.com's stats, Kim Bo Kyung and Declan John are two of the worst players for their position in the league. Kim is highlighted as a jack of all trade, but master of none'. Declan John is statistically the worst left back in the league, guilty of defensive mistakes and a very poor offensive record. But guess who the second worst back in the league is? Taylor.

Personally, I see this as a case of somewhat misleading stats. I would highlight faces such as Craig Bellamy as having been more of a flop this season than Declan John, and KTC is also very dodgy at this level.

Only players that have played ten games for their current team count, by the way. Fabio can count himself lucky... coat

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9196856/top-flops-who-are-premier-leagues-under-performers

You don't say......... Cardiff City have two players in the premiership worst XI 4228682415 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:04 am

Cheap shot TDA, cheap shot Cardiff City have two players in the premiership worst XI 692773407

But seriously, I think calling a kid as young as Declan John the worst fullback in the league is a little unfair. He's risen to the first team just as we've been on our toughest run, and Zahas presence on the left has limited Johns own ability to get forward.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:17 am

Yup, stats don't account for context. You could easily make a case for saying that Marshall was one of the worst keepers in the league given how many he has conceded but we all know that without him it would be a lot, lot worse...

Cardiff City have two players in the premiership worst XI 2925389657
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum