PostJB Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:19 pm

It does bother me and it will continue to bother me until Tan honours his word and writes it off. He's written off the interest, but we still owe him the bulk sum. I'm going to take him at face value and trust he will do what he says he will, but there's no guarantee.

Like it or not, if Tan left right now we'd be in a much worse situation than before he got involved. About a 75 million pounds worse off, actually. That's why writing off the debts would mean a hell of a lot more to me than anything else he could do.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Red614 wrote:It does bother me and it will continue to bother me until Tan honours his word and writes it off. He's written off the interest, but we still owe him the bulk sum. I'm going to take him at face value and trust he will do what he says he will, but there's no guarantee.

Like it or not, if Tan left right now we'd be in a much worse situation than before he got involved. About a 75 million pounds worse off, actually. That's why writing off the debts would mean a hell of a lot more to me than anything else he could do.

Did you read it Red? If you had you'd see quite easily why I am not bothered. After what he's done in taking our identity I'd be quite happy for him to lose what he loves like we had to, money. Maybe then he'll realise what it means for a person to lose something they care about so much.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:27 pm

I did read it, I was just posting my opinion on it too Cardiff City's Rising Debt Doesn't Bother Me 692773407

I'm with you on it, to an extent. If Tan continues to be the same person he has shown himself to be ever since the rebrand, then I'd rather see us in blue in league 2 then have to put up with it any longer. But if he demonstrates that rebrand aside everything with Malky was simply him stuck between a rock and a hard place, and that with that now in the past he can start putting things right, then I'm wiling to give it a go.

I joined redbluebirds for a reason afterall - I wasn't happy, but if the change meant our club survived then I would reluctantly accept. Therefore he doesn't have to change the strip back to make me happy, there are other ways. This one in particular.
TheHangedMan
TheHangedMan
Academy Player
User Points : 14
Posting Flair : 0

PostTheHangedMan Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:58 pm

Excellent blog James, but if I'm being overly critical it looks a little rushed as it does not flow as well as it could have.

However in essence I totally agree, essentially the die hard fans cannot lose.

A portion of the first paragraph particularly struck me:

[Debt] - "The word in itself strikes fear into many people. Some have spent their whole lives trying to avoid it whilst other continuously play with fire by getting into debt and paying it off later."

Neither way is wrong or right, it just is. Tan has decided to gamble. HE pays the money & HE takes the chance. In an ideal world I would like to think both the Fans and Tan win.....but who knows until the die stop rolling!

Either way, I was a Cardiff City season ticket holder before Tan arrived, I am now, and will be after he's gone....simples.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:32 pm

It doesn't bother me either, because we won't go into administration. The various dubious debts which arose under previous regimes have been wiped out and consolidated into what Tan is owed.

Tan is in this for the long haul and I don't think that he has ever had any intention of selling Cardiff City. He has built up a diverse portfolio over the years and doesn't tend to sell on his individual businesses. He sure as hell won't exit at a loss.......he doesn't need to.

The potential of Cardiff City is huge, both on the pitch and commercially. We are unique in the "English" game in that we have a huge fan base right on our doorstep. Would someone care to identify a club with a better geographical location?

No, the money over and above the repayment of Langstone etc, was needed to be able to take the club to the next level, where the potential riches will more than justify the risk.

City will survive this season and, with the right manager now in place, I expect further major investment in the squad come the summer. A further minimum of £61m tv money will help a bit when you look at the balance sheet next year.

I also think that there may well be a rethink on the rebrand and wouldn't be surprised to see a return to blue, maybe not next season, but eventually.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:11 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Excellent blog James, but if I'm being overly critical it looks a little rushed as it does not flow as well as it could have.

However in essence I totally agree, essentially the die hard fans cannot lose.

A portion of the first paragraph particularly struck me:

[Debt] - "The word in itself strikes fear into many people. Some have spent their whole lives trying to avoid it whilst other continuously play with fire by getting into debt and paying it off later."

Neither way is wrong or right, it just is. Tan has decided to gamble. HE pays the money & HE takes the chance. In an ideal world I would like to think both the Fans and Tan win.....but who knows until the die stop rolling!

Either way, I was a Cardiff City season ticket holder before Tan arrived, I am now, and will be after he's gone....simples.

I think thats a fair analysis and I am willing to accept criticism and I would on self evaluation agree. Im trying however to get some content out there early on and ensure my blog has a steady build up of traffic. Of course with experience in terms of blogging my writing will only get better.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:13 am

Cardiff City's Rising Debt Doesn't Bother Me 3874419067

I agree on the geographical population wholeheartedly. Most of the Premiership clubs couldn't point to such a large population in such a close proximity to them with so little competition. I think Cardiff's greater area (including the Rhondda, Gwent etc) is heading towards 900,000 people which provides huge potential
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum