View previous topic View next topic Go down

mattswolves
mattswolves
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 398
Posting Flair : 20

Postmattswolves Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:41 pm

Obviously a brilliant signing. Not certain it will happen but with Ole here now we have got a much better chance of signing players like this. This quote posted of Sky just now.

Quote....
Cardiff have been backed in to even-money favourites to sign Wilfried Zaha. They were 4/1 to do so before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took over the Bluebirds, but Newcastle (9/4) and West Brom (5/1) appear to be in contention to land the Manchester United youngster.

With his connections who else would you like to see here?

Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 833362651 
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:23 am

Given a choice between Zaha and Ince, I'd take Zaha.  I find it difficult to forgive Ince for messing us around last summer..........I don't think it would have happened if OGS had been manager then.

He has far more international gravitas than Malky by virtue of having moved in those circles for his entire playing career.

I think we will start to see the benefit that having such a manager brings at PL level.  

Malky worked wonders for City in the post-Jones era and that must never be forgotten, as seems to be happening already elsewhere.

However, our successs at Pl level was always going to be limited by the fact that his tactics were Championship level as was his reputation as a player and therefore it was very difficult for him to attract players of a better quality than he ever was.........he managed a few, but too many got away......
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:35 am

TDA wrote:Given a choice between Zaha and Ince, I'd take Zaha.  I find it difficult to forgive Ince for messing us around last summer..........I don't think it would have happened if OGS had been manager then.

He has far more international gravitas than Malky by virtue of having moved in those circles for his entire playing career.

I think we will start to see the benefit that having such a manager brings at PL level.  

Malky worked wonders for City in the post-Jones era and that must never be forgotten, as seems to be happening already elsewhere.

However, our successs at Pl level was always going to be limited by the fact that his tactics were Championship level as was his reputation as a player and therefore it was very difficult for him to attract players of a better quality than he ever was.........he managed a few, but too many got away......
Great post TDA  Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 1525230823 

I'd take Ince over Zaha though, for a few reasons. He'd be a permenant but, which is always better than a loan as it allows Ince to grow into the role rather than with Zaha where we would be in the market all over again next year. Plus Zaha is prone to messing around, taking five step overs where one would of done. Ince in comparison is smarter and more patient. Ince is also at the top of his game right now, while Zaha has been rotting in the reserves since the summer.

And finally, Ince comes across a much nicer guy than Zaha. I still remember Zaha throwing his toys out of the pram against us when he couldn't beat McNaughton Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 692773407
mattswolves
mattswolves
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 398
Posting Flair : 20

Postmattswolves Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:43 am

TDA wrote:Given a choice between Zaha and Ince, I'd take Zaha.  I find it difficult to forgive Ince for messing us around last summer..........I don't think it would have happened if OGS had been manager then.

Great post, in a nut shell that's what I wanted to say
 Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 635981802 
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:06 am

Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 3874419067 Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 635981802
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:11 am

Agreed, Ince over Zaha who is perhaps one of the most overrated players I've ever seen.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:58 pm

Not sure id fancy ince based on the summer like tda said. I would give Zaha a chance, perhaps ole could teach him a thing or two and 'molde' him to be a great player, he obviously has potential.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:39 pm

zaha on loan would free up additional funds to strengthen the squad
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Moyes has said that he won't loan Zaha to Palace as he doesn't want him going back to London ( perhaps this says something about Zaha!).
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:35 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25647507

Looks like Ince to Swansea.........and good luck to them. Would much prefer Zaha on loan......makes much mores financial sense and I am sure that OGS will get the best out of him............ Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 1525230823 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:37 am

TDA wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25647507

Looks like Ince to Swansea.........and good luck to them.  Would much prefer Zaha on loan......makes much mores financial sense and I am sure that OGS will get the best out of him............ Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 1525230823 

Fair play to the kid, he knows how to p*ss off Cardiff fans! Drags his move out in the summer then turns us down because it's too far, and then next window snubs us again and goes to Swansea which is even further!

In an odd way, Ince may be partially to blame for Malky's downfall. It was well known Ince was Malky's main target for the wings, and he left it very late to turn us down which resulted in rushed, failed moves for other targets. Who knows what would of happened if we had some skill on the wings...

Wouldn't be surprised if Malky is secretly crossing his fingers Ince has a horrid time wherever he ends up Wilfird Zaha and the OSG effect 692773407
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum