Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:19 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25582598

Being asked to forgive despite Tan showing no remorse is pretty insulting really. I'll consider forgiving when Tan considers listening to us.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:27 pm

Red614 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25582598

Being asked to forgive despite Tan showing no remorse is pretty insulting really. I'll consider forgiving when Tan considers listening to us.

Actually, I think that's fair enough. Dalman is the club's spokesman and speaks on behalf of Tan. I'd much rather he continues to present the public face of Cardiff City than Simon Lim, as he seems to have the best interest of everyone at heart.

Time to move on without bitterness and see how things pan out.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Dalman has the clubs best interests at heart, I don't think anyone would dispute that. He doesn't however speak for Tan - I point to his comment about Nalky remaining manager 'for the foreseeable future', which clearly wasnt what Tan was thinking.

Until we get an official statement from Tan, the fans won't be able to forgive. It's not bitterness, it's a plea to be acknowledged in any way.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:44 pm

I like mehmet, comes accross wepl, seems a nice chap, also thought it was nice for him to apologise
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:00 pm

Red614 wrote:Dalman has the clubs best interests at heart, I don't think anyone would dispute that. He doesn't however speak for Tan - I point to his comment about Nalky remaining manager 'for the foreseeable future', which clearly wasnt what Tan was thinking.

Until we get an official statement from Tan, the fans won't be able to forgive. It's not bitterness, it's a plea to be acknowledged in any way.

For the "foreseeable future" implies that a situation will endure so long as circumstances do not change........it does not imply timescale.

What changed here was the abysmal performance against Southampton, when it became clear that the morale of the team had been affected and there was no way back from that.

To many of us that was inevitable......it just happened sooner rather than later.......
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:38 pm

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/for-the-foreseeable-future

coat

Seriously though, the only thing that happened post that comment was the loss to Southampton. An awful performance, but one that was simultaneously very predictable considering the circus around the club at that point. It's virtually impossible to work under that pressure, and I still feel it's unfair to change your mind based on that one blip. I don't think he changed his mind at all, basically.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:56 pm

What Dalman actually said......

“I’m not putting a time scale upon this, but we have to try. If we want to find a way forward, we at least have a platform, a base, from which to work.”

“As things stand Malky is in charge for the foreseeable future and will be until something else happens
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Red614 wrote:http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/for-the-foreseeable-future

coat

Seriously though, the only thing that happened post that comment was the loss to Southampton. An awful performance, but one that was simultaneously very predictable considering the circus around the club at that point. It's virtually impossible to work under that pressure, and I still feel it's unfair to change your mind based on that one blip. I don't think he changed his mind at all, basically.

......the straw that broke the camel's back........
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:03 pm

TDA wrote:
Red614 wrote:http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/for-the-foreseeable-future

coat

......the straw that broke the camel's back........

You've lost me TDA. I was only joking for the first half to clarify, I thought I made that clear.

And to reaffirm my point - I think sacking Malky was the only conclusion. Why I personally would of liked it the other way around I'm no idiot - I knew things had roughly a 0% chance of getting back to normal , and something had to give. I got that, and it's fine. What wasnt needed was a club spokesman telling fans that he will be given a proper chance, then one result later apparently changing their mind. If he had to go then he had to go, but to upset fans that that were already upset enough was a little uncalled for, in my opinion.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:06 pm

personally, i can't see any reason as to why he should ask for forgiveness as stories now coming out suggest that vincent tan may well have had good reason to dispose of both mackay and moody. it is emerging that transfer dealings were not as wise, thoroughly thought-out and bedded as was originally suggested.

more importantly, it had to be obvious to all that there was little or no rapport between the two men and consequently, a parting of the ways was inevitable.

my only regret and i think others would agree was that it became a public spat between vincent tan and malky mackay. there was no way mackay was going to win that one

what mehmet dalman is attempting to do is to draw a line in the sand and suggesting to all that it is time to move on to the task ahead.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 pm

davewebber65 wrote:personally, i can't see any reason as to why he should ask for forgiveness as stories now coming out suggest that vincent tan may well have had good reason to dispose of both mackay and moody. it is emerging that transfer dealings were not as wise, thoroughly thought-out and bedded as was originally suggested.

more importantly, it had to be obvious to all that there was little or no rapport between the two men and consequently, a parting of the ways was inevitable.

my only regret and i think others would agree was that it became a public spat between vincent tan and malky mackay. there was no way mackay was going to win that one

what mehmet dalman is attempting to do is to draw a line in the sand and suggesting to all that it is time to move on to the task ahead.

Welcome back Dave, and well put.

It's one of many things that was handled badly, by everyone. A line in the sand could be the way forward, but I don't think it's any good from Dalman. Tan himself needs to acknowledge the problems, then maybe people will come over.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm afraid it's 4-1 now Red as I feel that Dalman is the CEO & spokesman on club policy and speaks on behalf of Tan. The owner doesn't need to be involved as he must have approved what was said.
In fact any involvement by him may well have been counterproductive to the sentiments put forward by Dalman.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:47 pm

i think vt is attempting to be conciliatory by the team wearing blue at an away fixture and himself sporting a blue jumper.

you can take your pick as to whether you think that the appointment of mehmet was inspirational or a fluke, but i do believe that he is an outstanding asset to the club
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:19 am

I will be happy to start seeing some action on the pitch. All of the recent goings on have been reckless and when/if they happen in the future perhaps I won't pay as much attention....it's background noise and nothing that we, as fans, can have any effect on
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:00 am

davewebber65 wrote:i think vt is attempting to be conciliatory by the team wearing blue at an away fixture and himself sporting a blue jumper.

you can take your pick as to whether you think that the appointment of mehmet was inspirational or a fluke, but i do believe that he is an outstanding asset to the club

Mehmet Dalman has an impressive CV and carries a huge amount of credibility in the business world.  He was the vice chairman of Winnington Capital, which has links to Tan's Berjaya Group and has been in the recent past the chairman of ENRC, whose three principal private shareholders are known as "The Trio" and each of whom is worth considerably more than Vincent Tan.  

Interestingly there is a strong connection through ENRC to Kazhakstan, which of course was the nationality of the young chap who "took over" from Iain Moody.  There was a suggestion that his father was well placed within the Kazhak government.......... Dalman asks fans to 'forgive' recent events 4228682415 

Here is a link to a Forbes article about ENRC and the Trio, which leads me to believe that Mehmet Dalman is more than adequately qualified to deal with "difficult" owners and Tan is really something of a pussycat in comparison to others.......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tatianaserafin/2011/08/10/kazakh-billionaires-court-controversy/
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum