PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:20 am

G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 am

Effin hell, Cornelius on £45k per week! The Overspend - The Facts (?) 2854552383
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:32 am

Those figures are stunning. If they have been leaked, I can see why!
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:15 pm

I mentioned this the other day. A few things didn't add up.

1) Its easy for Malky to garner support from a fan base that loves him for promotion and hates Tan for the rebrand especially when he's a very charismatic person and knows how to play the fans to a tee. A lot of our fans are in love with him. They had their hearts broken for many years then he came along, swept them off their feet and delivered the marriage and honeymoon they'd always craved (promotion). This meant, just like in a marriage, they oversaw his faults and tried to plod along and get on with things.

2) Why would Tan mention overspending and sack Moody if its not the case? The accounts will come out sooner or later and you can often buy these documents online outlining expenditure and income. Those in finance know how to read between the lines and understand exactly what the figures relate to or roughly relate to. Tan would know this with his vast experience in business.

3) Tan seemed to be quiet on the whole thing. Why would he leak his own email to Malky? If he wanted it public he'd have said it over the press in the first place and not via bloody email privately. Its obvious to see that someone has either leaked it to garner support or another person has leaked it to cause the rift to get the dirty laundry being aired in the public domain. Who leaked it? We'll probably never know. Im adamant however, it wasn't Tan or any of his influence because he would not have emailed Malky about it if he wanted it public.

4) Tan snapped when more players were mentioned - rightly so in my opinion as the signings as seen in the above link have been more scandalous than even I imagined. You must seriously be on some of Walter White's finest produce if you think giving Gary Medel an images right deal is a sensible business move. As said in another thread, its easy to spend money when its not yours. I believe Malky knew fully well this would set Tan off and was trying to force the issue of 'back me or sack me' in the sense that either tell me I'm getting more funds in January to fix the cock ups in the summer or sack me and let me take my compensation and be done with it.

5) Tan bringing in the painter to watch Malky in the dressing room. Why? He wanted to know why certain players weren't playing. Why the massive sums he put down weren't contributing to the teams cause. The team is no different to a team in any other work place. They should be contribute, especially your most highly regarded assets. You spend more on them and you expect more from them because you put your money where your mouth is. If Google spend £100,000 on an engineer and £20,000 on an engineer then the £100,000 engineer is going to be expected to do more. Theres no doubt about it. Tan must have been wondering why a £8m + signing was not featuring. Its not hard to see why Tan wanted to influence the team is it? He spent so much on these players and is getting nothing in terms of contribution for them. There resale value declines with each season of not performing and therefore asset value declines all of which contribute to the clubs overall 'selling point' which is his end game with the floatation.

---

Tan's just an easy target when things go wrong at CCFC now and thats due to the rebrand. Everyone has their red dot sight firmly placed on him ready for the wrong move so they can pull the trigger. If he didn't rebrand us a lot of fans would be more open minded and less blinkered and not instantly target him. That is a fact.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:21 pm

Well what a cock up all round!

Firstly, Mr Lim is a lucky man! How he has avoided the sack I dont know! (Unless...when did he start as chairman?  Before or after the summer?)

Secondly,  perhaps Moody is not such a class act as Malky made out. Some of those figures are astonishing.

Last edited by Rhys on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Rhys wrote:Well what a cock up alround!

Firstly, Mr Lim is a lucky man! How he has avoided the sack I dont know! (Unless...when did he start as chairman?  Before or after the summer?)

Secondly,  perhaps Moody is not such a class act as Malky made out. Some of those figures are astonishing.  

A lot of the blame must lie with Simon Lim, as he signed off the deals. However, the deals themselves are rediculous. There was always a suspicion of panic buying, when Malky failed to attract the principal targets. He had a month's start on everyone else, by virtue of getting automatic promotion, but that advantage was lost completely.

As to who leaked the emails, Tan says he wanted to keep things quiet and that makes sense. A cynic might say it had to be Malky, as he could see the writing on the wall, but Simon Lim seems a much more likely culprit, in order to deflect attention from his c*ck-up.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Blueminati wrote:I mentioned this the other day. A few things didn't add up.

1) Its easy for Malky to garner support from a fan base that loves him for promotion and hates Tan for the rebrand especially when he's a very charismatic person and knows how to play the fans to a tee. A lot of our fans are in love with him. They had their hearts broken for many years then he came along, swept them off their feet and delivered the marriage and honeymoon they'd always craved (promotion). This meant, just like in a marriage, they oversaw his faults and tried to plod along and get on with things.

2) Why would Tan mention overspending and sack Moody if its not the case? The accounts will come out sooner or later and you can often buy these documents online outlining expenditure and income. Those in finance know how to read between the lines and understand exactly what the figures relate to or roughly relate to. Tan would know this with his vast experience in business.

3) Tan seemed to be quiet on the whole thing. Why would he leak his own email to Malky? If he wanted it public he'd have said it over the press in the first place and not via bloody email privately. Its obvious to see that someone has either leaked it to garner support or another person has leaked it to cause the rift to get the dirty laundry being aired in the public domain. Who leaked it? We'll probably never know. Im adamant however, it wasn't Tan or any of his influence because he would not have emailed Malky about it if he wanted it public.

4) Tan snapped when more players were mentioned - rightly so in my opinion as the signings as seen in the above link have been more scandalous than even I imagined. You must seriously be on some of Walter White's finest produce if you think giving Gary Medel an images right deal is a sensible business move. As said in another thread, its easy to spend money when its not yours. I believe Malky knew fully well this would set Tan off and was trying to force the issue of 'back me or sack me' in the sense that either tell me I'm getting more funds in January to fix the cock ups in the summer or sack me and let me take my compensation and be done with it.

5) Tan bringing in the painter to watch Malky in the dressing room. Why? He wanted to know why certain players weren't playing. Why the massive sums he put down weren't contributing to the teams cause. The team is no different to a team in any other work place. They should be contribute, especially your most highly regarded assets. You spend more on them and you expect more from them because you put your money where your mouth is. If Google spend £100,000 on an engineer and £20,000 on an engineer then the £100,000 engineer is going to be expected to do more. Theres no doubt about it. Tan must have been wondering why a £8m + signing was not featuring. Its not hard to see why Tan wanted to influence the team is it? He spent so much on these players and is getting nothing in terms of contribution for them. There resale value declines with each season of not performing and therefore asset value declines all of which contribute to the clubs overall 'selling point' which is his end game with the floatation.

---

Tan's just an easy target when things go wrong at CCFC now and thats due to the rebrand. Everyone has their red dot sight firmly placed on him ready for the wrong move so they can pull the trigger. If he didn't rebrand us a lot of fans would be more open minded and less blinkered and not instantly target him. That is a fact.

A well-balanced assessment, have some flair!
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:04 pm

TDA wrote:

A lot of the blame must lie with Simon Lim, as he signed off the deals.  However, the deals themselves are rediculous.  There was always a suspicion of panic buying, when Malky failed to attract the principal targets.  He had a month's start on everyone else, by virtue of getting automatic promotion, but that advantage was lost completely.

As to who leaked the emails, Tan says he wanted to keep things quiet and that makes sense.  A cynic might say it had to be Malky, as he could see the writing on the wall, but Simon Lim seems a much more likely culprit, in order to deflect attention from his c*ck-up.

Firstly, cheers for the flair.

Secondly, I'll address this point. I agree on this and I think either Lim or Malky's side has leaked the emails. Lim's motive is to make things public to put the strain between Malky and Tan in the public domain and therefore Tan is going to wield the axe and his attention is off Lim. Malky's motive is trying to garner support from the fans and media and to try and get out with dignity in tact. We'll probably never know who actually leaked it.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum