Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:43 am

Development team away to Charlton today:-
Wilson, Coulson, John, Kiss, Yorwerth, Amondarain, Bowen, Wharton, Cornelius, O'Sullivan, Healey.
Subs. Owen, Matthews, Williams, Bell, Griffiths
Charlton currently 1 up.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:23 am

Which lowers his chances of starting against Liverpool from 'highly unlikely' to 'no chance at all'...

Am I the only one getting infuriated by Malky's continual buying for the future? The first year in the premiership with a underperforming squad is not the time to be planning for the long term...
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:35 am

I can understand buys like Kadeem Harris who didn't cost a fortune but looks a good player in the making. However, £8m on somebody he says isn't ready is ridiculous.
(We're now 2-1 down with Theo Wharton getting our goal).
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:24 am

I think Filip Kiss comes into that catagory as well.  On loan for a season, then paid £500,000 to complete the deal.  Only two first team outings in 15 months or so since........and of course we had all that horsesh*t about Velcro being prepared for the future as well, even though he was already 23 or 24..........
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:49 am

To continue the rant in this vein, we have 3 senior keepers - one of whom was bought from Brentford 'for the future' but neither Simon Moore or Joe Lewis are getting a game for the Devpt Squad. That team currently has Ben Wilson in goal who none of us had heard of the other day.
If Marshall sustains an injury in training or during a game, neither of the back ups appear to be getting any game time at all and will presumably lack match practice.
(Final score in the development game today was 2-5 with Declan John scoring the second).
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:23 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:To continue the rant in this vein, we have 3 senior keepers - one of whom was bought from Brentford 'for the future' but neither Simon Moore or Joe Lewis are getting a game for the Devpt Squad. That team currently has Ben Wilson in goal who none of us had heard of the other day.
If Marshall sustains an injury in training or during a game, neither of the back ups appear to be getting any game time at all and will presumably lack match practice.
(Final score in the development game today was 2-5 with Declan John scoring the second).

I used to have this thing about collecting Ping putters. At one point, I had about 30 of them......and the only reason I can offer is that I felt that if I bought one, no other b*gger was going to have it. I think Malky perhaps feels the same way about goalkeepers!
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 am

We also have Joe Massaro and Liam Matthews who are both academy/development keepers!
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:00 am

Malky, and thus Moody, is definitely hit/miss with their transfer dealings that's for certain
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:00 am

Don't think we can put Cornelius into the same category as Velikonja. He's simply been unlucky and picked up an injury and is struggling to get back up to fitness. Mackay saying he's one for the future is essentially him telling the media to back off and let him settle.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:54 am

you're probably right Gloves but I don't think Malky does himself any favours with the double talk he frequently comes out with. This is a case in point where if he simply said the lad has had a difficult start with injuries and won't be ready for a while, there would be a lot less criticism and speculation. Similarly after poor performances I cringe when I hear him dishing out praise ("we were exceptional at Stoke"!!).
More honesty might lead to a bit more patience and sympathy from fans & press.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:17 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:you're probably right Gloves but I  don't think Malky does himself any favours with the double talk he frequently comes out with. This is a case in point where if he simply said the lad has had a difficult start with injuries and won't be ready for a while, there would be a lot less criticism and speculation. Similarly after poor performances I cringe when I hear him dishing out praise ("we were exceptional at Stoke"!!).
More honesty might lead to a bit more patience and sympathy from fans & press.

Two words you will not find in the motivational manuals...........
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum