View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Flicked back & forth between this game and the rugby last night, but I don't know which game was worse.....Doncaster v Yeovil - the Joe Ralls conundrum 3392635135 

The standard of football was dire, the worst I have seen in the Championship for some time. Doncaster are a pretty poor side, but Yeovil are appalling.

I really wonder about the value of having Joe Ralls playing in a struggling set up like that. At times, he looked the class act we know he is going to be, but more often he was getting caught up in the general hoofball mentality.

Game time is all very well, but it must also serve to develop the player. I imagine playing in such a poor side must be completely demoralising for a young talent. Please bring him back in January, or at least let him go out to someone like Bolton........
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:33 pm

would be well pissed off on loan to them
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Perhaps there wasn't any interest from any other Championship sides? Better to be at Yeovil than in League One or Two.
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 pm

A taste of the real world will only make him thirst more for the pampered life of Premiership football
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:50 pm

I think it's a good move for him, and he seems to be really enjoying it. The only negative about loan moves is players will no longer like being a back-up at their parent club when they return.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:16 am

Slumdog's Son™ wrote:Perhaps there wasn't any interest from any other Championship sides? Better to be at Yeovil than in League One or Two.
I did think Yeovil would do better this season, but they looked seriously out of their depth last night.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:20 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:I think it's a good move for him, and he seems to be really enjoying it. The only negative about loan moves is players will no longer like being a back-up at their parent club when they return.
I don't think that is necessarily true as if a player shines whilst out on loan then he has more chance of forcing his way into a side when he returns. Ralls is clearly a cut above most of the others at Yeovil and I would be surprised if there wasn't interest from elsewhere in January.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:42 am

TDA wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:I think it's a good move for him, and he seems to be really enjoying it. The only negative about loan moves is players will no longer like being a back-up at their parent club when they return.
I don't think that is necessarily true as if a player shines whilst out on loan then he has more chance of forcing his way into a side when he returns.  Ralls is clearly a cut above most of the others at Yeovil and I would be surprised if there wasn't interest from elsewhere in January.
True, but can you honestly see him getting a run in the team in the next couple of seasons (if we remain in the PL)? That will be hugely frustrating for him, and a lot of the other youngsters.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 am

If they are good enough, then they are old enough.

We will probably lose Bellamy at the end of the season and Whitts will be coming up to 30. Additionally, we could well lose Kim if relegated and so Ralls might be the man in possession sooner than anticipated...
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum