View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:10 am

I wasnt at the game today due to work commitments, but reportedly the club hired a choir to sing Newcastle songs at half time.

This is the stupidest thing I can recall the club ever doing. If you're happy to invest that money, why not Cardiff fans? Why is Tan seemingly so obsessed with treating away fans like royalty?

It's just baffling. It truly is.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:39 am

Well.  That is bizarre if true - never heard anything like it in fact. Not sure what we to gain from it other than a better reputation - perhaps it is an admirable aim to be known as the best club in the uk at hosting our visitors
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 am

Certainly true, and certainly bizarre. Definitely (and not surprisingly) didn't go down well with our fans. Hopefully they won't try a repeat. And Blaydon Races is such an awful song anyway.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 am

:facepalm:
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:27 pm

The Treorchy are a good male voice choir but they were not good football pre match entertainment.
The usual pre match Men of Harlech and running out music wasn't played because the choir had already sung a version of it which had a very like warm reception. Consequently, the atmosphere was a bit flatter than usual at the start. I don't know what they sung at half time because I was at the bar!
I like male voice choirs but it simply didn't work yesterday.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:33 pm

I think a Make Voice Choir is more associated with the egg-chasing really.
They sang Cwm Rhondda and Men of Harlech in addition to Blaydon Races I believe.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:39 pm

The choir wasn't 'hired to sing Newcastle songs at half time'. At all.
They were there to sing, which they did pre-game (all Welsh / Cardiff songs iirc), and at half time, when they sang one Newcastle song.

I agree that they didn't exactly fire up the crowd though.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:48 pm

SteWells wrote:The choir wasn't 'hired to sing Newcastle songs at half time'. At all.
They were there to sing, which they did pre-game (all Welsh / Cardiff songs iirc), and at half time, when they sang one Newcastle song.

I think that only one Newcastle song was sung was neither here not there - when was the last time you attended an away game and had a choir sing pro Cardiff songs?

This is the same man that changed us to red, refused to listen to complaints about the badge, refused to accept any sort of colour change, basically has refused to listen to fan pressure and done whatever the hell he feels like. That's fine (to a point), if he wasn't also so determined to bend over backward to make away fans feel appreciated. You have to surely see a problem with a man who is annoying our fans without any sympathy but is desperate to make everyone else feel comfortable?
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 am

Red614 wrote:
SteWells wrote:The choir wasn't 'hired to sing Newcastle songs at half time'. At all.

I think that only one Newcastle song was sung was neither here not there - when was the last time you attended an away game and had a choir sing pro Cardiff songs?

This is the same man that changed us to red, refused to listen to complaints about the badge, refused to accept any sort of colour change, basically has refused to listen to fan pressure and done whatever the hell he feels like. That's fine (to a point), if he wasn't also so determined to bend over backward to make away fans feel appreciated. You have to surely see a problem with a man who is annoying our fans without any sympathy but is desperate to make everyone else feel comfortable?
So you think Tan spends time deciding what the pre-game and half time entertainment is going to be, and what they're going to sing? I'd be surprised if he had anything to do with it.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:52 am

SteWells wrote:
Red614 wrote:

So you think Tan spends time deciding what the pre-game and half time entertainment is going to be, and what they're going to sing? I'd be surprised if he had anything to do with it.

Of course, because Tan isn't one for interfering, is he? Has the club lost touch? 2854552383 
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:06 am

in all honesty, do you really think vinnie gets involved in those sort of irrelevant decisions, more like some office junior who got it maybe a bit wrong. if you have a male voice choir then you have to get the right song selection and timing right.
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:36 am

The answer to your question Red, is No the club have not lost touch. Earlier on the week it was announced that Treorchy M V Choir would be in attendance at the game to provide fitting entertainment for all fans and in support of the Help for Heroes collections which would take place in and around the ground. Is it a crime in this day and age for someone to show some friendly hospitality to visitors, even if they are fans of an opposing football team? Not so long ago there was outrage on this and other boards at the stupidity of certain "Cardiff City Fans' who were observed 'beating up kids' after the Everton game. I would much prefer to have publicity for showing respect to visiting fans as shown at the Newcastle game than that given to the loutish behaviour associated with some of our fans in the past. I may have become a boring old fart at my age, but some of the unfounded criticism levelled at the club and VT in particular, by some of our fans seems to be nothing by churlish and childish and made for the sake of causing argument.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:07 pm

lottydottyblue wrote:The answer to your question Red, is No the club have not lost touch.  Earlier on the week it was announced that Treorchy M V Choir would be in attendance at the game to provide fitting entertainment for all fans and in support of the Help for Heroes collections which would take place in and around the ground.  Is it a crime in this day and age for someone to show some friendly hospitality to visitors, even if they are fans of an opposing football team?  Not so long ago there was outrage on this and other boards at the stupidity of certain "Cardiff City Fans' who were observed 'beating up kids' after the Everton game.  I would much prefer to  have publicity for showing respect to visiting fans as shown at the Newcastle game than that given to the loutish behaviour associated with some of our fans in the past.   I may have become a boring old fart at my age, but some of the unfounded criticism levelled at the club and VT in particular, by some of our fans seems to be nothing by churlish and childish and made for the sake of causing argument.
Has the club lost touch? 3874419067 Has the club lost touch? 1525230823 
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Wow, we have a proper debate thread going on. Its been a while Has the club lost touch? 3640184800 

Just to be clear on this, I agree.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Rhys wrote:Wow, we have a proper debate thread going on. Its been a while Has the club lost touch? 3640184800 

Just to be clear on this, I agree.
Ever the fence sitter, you agree with what? Has the club lost touch? 692773407

Simply put, I have no problem with making away fans feel welcome. What I do have a problem with is treating them like royalty when our own fans are being ignored in their calls to be listened to.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum