Supporter liaison Officer - forced gesture or golden opportunity to make up with disgruntled fans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:30 am

..............i have never heard of so much bullcoks in all my life

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/slo-intro-1062922.aspx

Last edited by Rhys on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Great post Dave - renamed it to get wider involvement on the topic - hope you don't mind!)
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 am

couldnt care who does what at the club tbh, as long as sam dont become chairman again im happy,
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:10 am

Firstly I have to agree with Dave in that I can't imagine the club would have created the post by themselves and only have do so because they have been forced too - it is telling by who they have 'given it too'. The Sales and marketing manager - if we can afford to hire a hatful of translators for our international players, surely we could have splashed out on hiring a dedicated slo?

As it stands, it looks like a forced token gesture.

Secondly, what can we rbmbers ask of him? Any serious thoughts?
chrisgore
chrisgore
Academy Player
User Points : 192
Posting Flair : 10

Postchrisgore Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:25 am

I've just emailed him to ask if the club has considered introducing stadium tours and incorporating a museum as the stadium expands. Didn't want to harp on about playing colours, badges, nickname etc. Just waiting to see if I get any response.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:29 am

I suspect any kit related queries would immediately be put straight in the bin anyway.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:40 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:I suspect any kit related queries would immediately be put straight in the bin anyway.
I wouldn't at al be surprised if Tan has put the word 'blue' into his email spam filter Supporter liaison Officer - forced gesture or golden opportunity to make up with disgruntled fans? 692773407
chrisgore
chrisgore
Academy Player
User Points : 192
Posting Flair : 10

Postchrisgore Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:31 am

Well I got a (very quick) reply to my question about introducing stadium tours and incorporating a museum
into future stadium expansion plans. He first addressed my point that he was going to be busy addressing issues surrounding kit colours, badges, nickname etc:

I hope you are well. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a note.

There is and will continue to be a lot of that which is all part of our now continuing dialog with the fans. As I am sure you will appreciate I am not in a position to affect decisions at that level however we will ensure that fan feeling is passed onto the board to be considered when making decisions moving forward.

In regards to your question about tours and museum. This is something we are currently exploring however it has yet to reach the top of the list of priorities with all the Premier League enabling work that had to take place over the summer. The museum is a far bigger piece of work with recent developments at Brighton and Wolves both getting into six figures but will be part of the plans as we continue to develop the stadium over the coming seasons.

Thanks again for your continued support and if you need anything else please do not hesitate to contact.

All the best,

Tom Gorringe| Sales and Marketing Manager
Cardiff City Football Club
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:50 am

Fair enough - this poor guy will probably spend a lot of his time now responding to fan emails. Luckily for him, I'm sure the majority will just need the 'kit, rebrand and badge' templated response
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum