Does anyone else feel a weird sense of loss?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:54 pm

It is truly amazing that we are now in the premier league, a dream that we have believed for since Hammam first stepped through the club's doors. Last week was probably right up there with my favourite city game of all time too (think the carling cup still pips it), but all the while I am feeling this weird sense of loss with us being in the PL.

It doesn't feel quite like home yet. I have spent the best part of the last decade getting so familiar with the championship that our sudden promotion to an unfamiliar league has made me feel a little travel sick. It's almost like I've been travelling for a while in strange places and I'm missing home.

For a long time I've pretty much ignored the premier league, but now it's our new home, I guess I best start learning about the place.

Anyone else have similar thoughts or is it just me?
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:10 pm

I still pinch myself to see if its real,
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:38 pm

The unfamiliarity is a little strange, I agree. After quite a few seasons of sitting up in the top tiers of the championship we had a pretty good sizeing up of all the teams around us. We knew for example Barnsley and Derby should be simple 3 point affairs, while Leicester and Middlesborough were capable of giving us headaches.

In the Premiership we are untested, we go in today's match not 100% certain of how good they really are. Theoretically they are obviously better, but confidence only comes with real experience.

What we're feeling is the first day in big school, basically.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:45 pm

Red614 wrote:The unfamiliarity is a little strange, I agree.

What we're feeling is the first day in big school, basically.

Very well described Red.

I still feel like the Championship had become our long term home where in time we became fully accepted and respected.

At the moment it feels like we are holiday makers in the Prem. Trying to have a good time but ultimately expected by most to go back home again.

It is up to the club, players and fans over this season to show that this is more long term and we are here to stay rather longer.

Last Sunday as a first home game wasn't a bad start to that Does anyone else feel a weird sense of loss? 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum