View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:27 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/fixtures

Where are the points going to come from in the next 3 months?

Can't see very many.

Unless Malky brings in some experience, it's going to be a very long and hard winter.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:04 am

The wonderful thing about football is never knowing when the surprises are coming. Of course we will target games like Hull as places to pick up points but if we caused a huge upset on Sunday we might then go on and lose the Hull game.

If we could predict the results that accurately we would all be using our top of the range pc's and laptops from the comfort of our yachts. Unfortunately i am using my second hand laptop from my box bedroom instead.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:08 am

Sunday when we beat man city
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:57 am

looking at last years table - 40 points and we should be ok...maybe.

looking at the fixtures though...I'm worried. But let's enjoy the ride and if we get relegated..meh, we go back to being a big fish in a small pond and watch our team win some games. Happy days.

Last edited by Rhys on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:12 am

that is why west ham was so important as far as points are concerned. as we did not get any then man city is a must be 1 point if not malky is on notice. sorry but i am completely ruthless. dont tolerate wise men gladly let alone fools
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 am

Lol. Fair play Dave. If you were in charge you would make the Venky's look like paragons of restraint and sound club ownership.
bobbysauce
bobbysauce
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 440
Posting Flair : 90

Postbobbysauce Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:41 am

davewebber65 wrote:that is why west ham was so important as far as points are concerned. as we did not get any then man city is a must be 1 point if not malky is on notice. sorry but i am completely ruthless. dont tolerate wise men gladly let alone fools
2nd game of the season, against Man City, and Malky 'must' get a result?

Completely bonkers is what you are! Fixtures 1525230823
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:58 pm

bobbysauce wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:that is why west ham was so important as far as points are concerned. as we did not get any then man city is a must be 1 point if not malky is on notice. sorry but i am completely ruthless. dont tolerate wise men gladly let alone fools
2nd game of the season, against Man City, and Malky 'must' get a result?

Completely bonkers is what you are! Fixtures 1525230823

Not at all. The evidence of Malky's limitations has been there ever since he took over the job.

Even during last season's successes, there were plenty of questions being asked about his approach when the team weren't grinding out results. Some performances against lesser teams that City should have been thrashing were dire. Eventually, we limped over the line, aided by a whole string of results where our rivals shot themselves in the foot.

No, Bobby, this doubt about Malky is not something new, or a knee jerk reaction, the signs have been there for ages.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Side newly PROMOTED to top tier for first time in over 50 years in "Doesn't Have Perfect Manager Shock!"
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:33 pm

And as Bobby said, to say we have to get a result from the 2nd game of the season against the likes of Man City is bonkers.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:35 pm

bobbysauce wrote:Completely bonkers is what you are! Fixtures 1525230823
just remember this, if we loose tomorrow that will be two matches in and nothing to show for it. the pressure will then be on malky for a positive result of some kind against everton. if that result is not forthcoming and there is no guarantee that it is then mr mackay had better think about where his next pay cheque is coming from.

i am quite happy to be out on a limb here and at odds with most if not all on this board, but that man is paid to get results. i put a lot of money into this club as others do so expect a return. i have an expensive season ticket, i put money into shirt sponsorship, semi-frequently travel to support my team, freely spend when i am at the ground so is it unfair not to expect a return on that investment.

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:40 pm

The pressure is already on, and will be throughout the season. I'm quite sure Malky is well aware of that. I'm also quite sure there is no likelihood of him being sacked if he fails to get a result against Man City, or indeed Everton.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:50 pm

I think in terms of games to prioritise for points, this has to be one alongside the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea that we should expect to get nothing from. Discounting our games against the above teams, we have 31 other fixtures and another 16 home games in which Malky can prove himself and pick up points.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try but realistically speaking these are the hardest games for us to try and get something from, especially at this stage of the season. To put pressure on the team and manager now seems unreasonable to me and also counter productive for a team that are still learning how to get results at the top level.

Just saying.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Toast Boy wrote:Side newly PROMOTED to top tier for first time in over 50 years in "Doesn't Have Perfect Manager Shock!"
Given the amount of money Tan (never mind Dave!) has poured into the club, I would think that he is watching the situation very carefully. The nature of the DISPLAY against West Ham was what was worrying, not necessarily the result.

Palace (albeit at home) put up a much better display in terms of organisation and effort against Spurs and they only crept up as the best of a bad playoff bunch, not the "Runaway Champions", who surely should be brimming with confidence..........Fixtures 3392635135 
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:09 am

True, but we can't be writing off the manager or team after one underpar performance otherwise we might've all given up hope after the Charlton debacle last season. This team is pragmatic and tends to grind out results, so it can't often seem dull and uninspiring. I will take that any day of the week if it keeps us up this season though.

Let's see where we are after 10-12 games before we start panicking or sharpening the pitch forks.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum