Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Our chairman Simon Lin's first interview and he doesn't hold back on the punches or does much to endear himself to us fans...I think Wales Online were sensible to go with the headline they did as it could of so easily been something far more controversial.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-chairman-simon-lim-4880290

Here is a few snippet that are sure to stir some debate on the forums.

"Everything we do is under the microscope. And also the fans – in most businesses you have a few hundred customers; here we have 22,000 customers and 80,000 on our database.

“Fans feel it’s their club and that it’s a community. It’s very hard for them to detach themselves. Clubs used to be run like communities.

“Only since Sky came in has it become different. But fans should be able to separate the two. But it’s up to us to decide what’s best for the club moving forward. History is great but you can’t harp on it too long.”

Although he has a reasonably valid point, all he had to do was say "or fanbase is hugely valuable to us and we want to work hard to build a strong relationship with them over the coming years"

If the fans are really the clubs 'customers' then they need to start realising that the 'customer is king'. Making your customers feel valued is surely the basic, 101 of any business?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Sorry to disagree Rhys, but this is exactly what I have been saying since I came on here. Football has moved on as a business and fans need to wake up to reality.

I don't think anyone apart from the over-sensitive few will be bothered by this.

For me, I am glad we have finally have strong leadership that understand what it will take to make our club successful.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:21 pm

When u have over 100.000 customers it don't matter that a small percentage are unhappy, because there are always a lot more willing to play ball and spend money, Money is king in modern football not the customer,
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:30 pm

I agree, TDA, I can't see anything controversial in that interview. Indeed, quite heartening to hear they won't spend money for the sake of it.

I don't see how anyone can argue with the statement that "it's up to us to decide what's best for the club" (although there are always some fans who think they know better).

Customers are undoubtedly important, but there's no way that they should be allowed to dictate club policy or investment strategy. Even consultation is debatable - how many other companies consult their customers about business strategy?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:15 pm

In the manager team meeting words of Football Manager 2013.."I guess I misjudged this one.."

I agree with all your above points fellas - I guess the points I was trying to make were:

- A bit of positive PR about how much they love the fans wouldn't do any harm
- I'm sure the other boards may get a bit upset about it.

Do you agree with me now?Prepare for the next s**t storm... 1525230823  What's that? No?....ah, ok then...coat 

Prepare for the next s**t storm... 692773407 
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Yes, I agree about the positive PR - although to be fair, Malky is reported throughout the season as saying how fantastic the fans are.

And I'm quite certain the other boards - or, to be more accurate, certain people on the other boards - will get upset, but they will get upset about anything coming from the boardroom that doesn't say the shirts are going to turn blue again.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 am

There have been plenty of positive comments about the support, as Tonker says.

To me, it is refreshing to see the new man effectively draw a line in the sand and make it clear that it's the men with the money who ultimately run the club.
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:20 am

TDA wrote:
To me, it is refreshing to see the new man effectively draw a line in the sand and make it clear that it's the men with the money who ultimately run the club.

Yes it surely is as you say and from my perspective they aren't doing such a bad job either. Long may it continue.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:32 am

100% agree. Its getting boring now. The sooner the football starts again the better.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum