Steve Borley vs Carl Curtis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:58 pm

If you were on the other forums last night you'd have probably been made aware of what happened. Borley destroyed Carl's arguments emphatically and to me, showed there is clearly a very strong pro Hammam agenda over there.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=116508

Now this. Anyone think this is fair? For me, it isn't. There are two choices.

1) The club distances itself from people who chat rubbish and misinformation about the club and brands them as biased sources they no longer work with. Then you could argue Borley has no need to be on media platforms.

2) The club continues to let people have their say but if there is misinformation being spread to suit someones agenda or aims then its fair on Borley or Barrie to set them straight if they know the truth of the matter.

----

If the club came out and did number 1, there would be uproar. For me, Borley simply cant win here. If he defends the club rightly, he is made to look immature for getting involved in forum spats. If he doesn't defend the club then he is allowing nonsense and misinformation to be spread about the club.

For me, Borley is in the right. If the misinformation brigade stop spouting their rubbish and just got on with things as normal fans then Borley would have no reason to get involved. He has to step in to stop the nonsense and stop people being influenced by bullshit.

People say 'I wonder if other clubs have directors getting involved in forum spats?'. What I wonder is, 'do other clubs have as many people as we do trying to be the fans leader for their own personal aims or friends aims?'

I suspect not.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:42 pm

I would have no problem with option 1).

Other clubs have people claming to be 'in the know' to some extent but they aren't given a platform by the local media.

I find this cult of 'super fans' rather odd; like the vast majority of supporters I'm just interested in the football.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Anyone provide a link to the original discussions, please?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 pm

TDA wrote:Anyone provide a link to the original discussions, please?

In the origianl post TDA (not sure it's just been added or not)
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:56 pm

I believe the original thread has now been deleted, but it can be downloaded as 3 pdf files from this link (provided by TruBlue on CCMB):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/12y80x
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:07 pm

The Tonker wrote:
I believe the original thread has now been deleted, but it can be downloaded as 3 pdf files from this link (provided by TruBlue on CCMB):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/12y80x

Cheers, both.beer  Makes for entertaining reading......
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:27 am

G-ster wrote:I would have no problem with option 1).

Other clubs have people claming to be 'in the know' to some extent but they aren't given a platform by the local media.

I find this cult of 'super fans' rather odd; like the vast majority of supporters I'm just interested in the football.

I agree. I would have no problem either with this whereas others would. I'd rather we just focused on the football, let Steve and the other directors get on with things and sort things out professionally.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:57 am

Having read the saved thread, I don't actually see any spat there and I have no issue with Steve Borley's involvement.  I think there is a time when enough is enough and the record can be put straight by whatever mouthpiece appears appropriate.

That is exactly what happened there.  Steve's points were factual, not in the least argumentative and ultimately had the desired effect in shutting down the latest line of drivel to emanate from Ankles & Co.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 am

we are in this situation because of the re-branding. if other clubs went through the same metammorphis as us then there would be similar arguments taking place. chuck sam into the melting pot and we have a right dogs dinner.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:52 am

davewebber65 wrote:we are in this situation because of the re-branding. if other clubs went through the same metammorphis as us then there would be similar arguments taking place. chuck sam into the melting pot and we have a right dogs dinner.
Chucking Sam into the melting pot might solve a few problems, but for dinner I think the dogs would prefer winalot (especially in the coming season).
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:54 am

The Tonker wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:we are in this situation because of the re-branding. if other clubs went through the same metammorphis as us then there would be similar arguments taking place. chuck sam into the melting pot and we have a right dogs dinner.
Chucking Sam into the melting pot might solve a few problems, but for dinner I think the dogs would prefer winalot (especially in the coming season).

Very clever Steve Borley vs Carl Curtis 2294057153 
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum