View previous topic View next topic Go down

watersblue
watersblue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 226
Posting Flair : 30

Postwatersblue Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Anyone else tried this 5-2 fasting diet?  My 2 days of 'fasting' starts tomorrow.  The wife and I are giving it a blast.  The thought of 600 calories for 2 days is not particularly appealing to someone 6'6" and almost 16 stone.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Are you combining it within kind of exercise regime or anything like that?
watersblue
watersblue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Postwatersblue Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:Are you combining it within kind of exercise regime or anything like that?

No, not really.  I referee football matches throughout the season but turn into a slob for the Summer.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm

I know quite a few people (mostly women) who have tried it or are currently tried it and they seem to lose a few pounds in the first few weeks, but it seems to level off quickly and they find it hard to lose any more.  I'm quite skeptical about it (because I'm generally quite skeptical), because I don't see how consuming 500/600 calories in a whole day can be healthy.  I've normally consumed that much by 11 o clock and I'm still starving by lunch. 

I've never been in a position where I need to lose weight, but I know people who have and they've lost it simply by eating less/better and by running a few times a week.  However I'm not a professional health adviser or nutritionist so my comments don't really mean anything, I just think it's a load of bollocks!

Don't let me put you off though, as I said above, I know FA!  Good luck and keep us updated as I'm genuinely interested to see how you do.
watersblue
watersblue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Postwatersblue Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 pm

Caldi Blue wrote:I know quite a few people (mostly women) who have tried it or are currently tried it and they seem to lose a few pounds in the first few weeks, but it seems to level off quickly and they find it hard to lose any more.  I'm quite skeptical about it (because I'm generally quite skeptical), because I don't see how consuming 500/600 calories in a whole day can be healthy.  I've normally consumed that much by 11 o clock and I'm still starving by lunch. 

I've never been in a position where I need to lose weight, but I know people who have and they've lost it simply by eating less/better and by running a few times a week.  However I'm not a professional health adviser or nutritionist so my comments don't really mean anything, I just think it's a load of bollocks!

Neither of us are particularly overweight, and this is not the main incentive for us to try it.  I think it's more to do with putting your body in a 'slow' state, where it is not constantly filled with protein; I guess your body repairs itself better, then.  It is supposed to reduce the risk of some cancers, apparently.  I'll certainly keep you posted on how I get on.  
Don't let me put you off though, as I said above, I know FA!  Good luck and keep us updated as I'm genuinely interested to see how you do.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 am

watersblue wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:I know quite a few people (mostly women) who have tried it or are currently tried it and they seem to lose a few pounds in the first few weeks, but it seems to level off quickly and they find it hard to lose any more.  I'm quite skeptical about it (because I'm generally quite skeptical), because I don't see how consuming 500/600 calories in a whole day can be healthy.  I've normally consumed that much by 11 o clock and I'm still starving by lunch. 

Neither of us are particularly overweight, and this is not the main incentive for us to try it.  I think it's more to do with putting your body in a 'slow' state, where it is not constantly filled with protein; I guess your body repairs itself better, then.  It is supposed to reduce the risk of some cancers, apparently.  I'll certainly keep you posted on how I get on.  

Fair enough, it's just everyone I know who has done it has done so to lose weight, when I think (actually, I say it to them) that maybe 30 minutes of exercise a few times a week might help them towards their goal.  I've always just thought that a well balanced diet with some exercise 3-4 times a week and you can't go wrong.  It amazes me how reluctant people are to put in some hard work to lose the weight they're so (apparently) desperate to lose! 
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:45 am

The quoting box has complete cocked up and broken atm. 

If you are going to quote may I suggest you hit the far right button/icon first!
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:59 am

Rhys wrote:The quoting box has complete cocked up and broken atm. 

If you are going to quote may I suggest you hit the far right button/icon first!
I know the far right icon I would most like to hit, but she died not long ago.....
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:02 am

Fast Diet 692773407Fast Diet 692773407Fast Diet 692773407Fast Diet 692773407Fast Diet 692773407
Colin's Reversible Hat
Colin's Reversible Hat
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 1109
Posting Flair : 50
http://twitter.com/aledwills91

PostColin's Reversible Hat Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Outstanding Tonks! Fast Diet 692773407Fast Diet 692773407Fast Diet 692773407
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Fast Diet 2534633747
watersblue
watersblue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Postwatersblue Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:53 am

Hehe!  What far right icon, Rhys?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum