Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Sat May 25, 2013 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yeh, I'm being nosy bastard, what's everyone got planned on this rather nice Saturday?

I'm playing golf in Monmouth at half 11 where I expect to shoot anywhere between 98 and 110. I've not played there before, but I've heard it's short and suits my irons only game. Hopefully.

CL final, boxing and a few beers possibly on the agenda this evening and I'm bloody looking forward to it. 7

Life is good, isn't it?

Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Sun May 26, 2013 5:13 am

TDA wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:Yeh, I'm being nosy bastard, what's everyone got planned on this rather nice Saturday?

I'm playing golf in Monmouth at half 11 where I expect to shoot anywhere between 98 and 110. I've not played there before, but I've heard it's short and suits my irons only game. Hopefully.

CL final, boxing and a few beers possibly on the agenda this evening and I'm bloody looking forward to it. 7

Life is good, isn't it?

Good luck! It's a tricky hillside/valley course, with barely a level stance to be had. I was a member there for a few years, nice friendly atmosphere and usually good grub in the clubhouse. Best I ever managed was 12 over in a friendly game.

So, yeh, apologised to the other 3 I was playing with and just walked off at the ninth, also broke my pitching wedge after a burst of anger. I think I've finally realised golf just isn't for me. This could be the end.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun May 26, 2013 5:36 am

No alcohol inside Wembley

Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 2925389657
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun May 26, 2013 5:36 am

Caldi Blue wrote:
TDA wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:Yeh, I'm being nosy bastard, what's everyone got planned on this rather nice Saturday?

Life is good, isn't it?

Good luck! It's a tricky hillside/valley course, with barely a level stance to be had. I was a member there for a few years, nice friendly atmosphere and usually good grub in the clubhouse. Best I ever managed was 12 over in a friendly game.

So, yeh, apologised to the other 3 I was playing with and just walked off at the ninth, also broke my pitching wedge after a burst of anger. I think I've finally realised golf just isn't for me. This could be the end.

No No No NO!!!!!!!! Shocked

Golf is a great game.....you can go anywhere in the world, walk into a golf club and make friends immediately. However, it's not a game to dip in and out of......it has to be worked at. Nevertheless, once you have got it and can play to 20 (nothing too ambitious), the world's your oyster......the driving range and half a dozen lessons for you, my boy....... Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 1525230823
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sun May 26, 2013 5:39 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:No alcohol inside Wembley

Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 2925389657

Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 692773407 ...............plenty outside.............cheers beer

PS.......enjoy the game!
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sun May 26, 2013 7:14 am

TDA wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:
TDA wrote:

Life is good, isn't it?

Golf is a great game.....you can go anywhere in the world, walk into a golf club and make friends immediately. However, it's not a game to dip in and out of......it has to be worked at. Nevertheless, once you have got it and can play to 20 (nothing too ambitious), the world's your oyster......the driving range and half a dozen lessons for you, my boy....... Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 1525230823
I always like the hole with the windmill - always a challenge judging when to make the putt as the sails clear the tunnel entrance.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 am

TDA wrote:
Caldi Blue wrote:
TDA wrote:

Life is good, isn't it?

Maybe I'll play again more regularly again one day, but for now I think I've had enough, I managed to get under 100 for the first time this year (a 99 followed by a 92) but I just find the game too infuriating. Part of the problem is I'm not better than most other people who play the game and that's not something I can deal with easily!
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 am

just finished pottering about in my garden, now going to sit down and have a glass of red wine
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Mon May 27, 2013 5:51 am

Mrs Tonker has given me a glass of dry sherry.....I think we must have a bottle that needs using up.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon May 27, 2013 5:57 am

The Tonker wrote:Mrs Tonker has given me a glass of dry sherry.....I think we must have a bottle that needs using up.

Are you sure it's not another of those strange bottled beers............. Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 692773407
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Mon May 27, 2013 6:04 am

TDA wrote:
The Tonker wrote:Mrs Tonker has given me a glass of dry sherry.....I think we must have a bottle that needs using up.

Are you sure it's not another of those strange bottled beers............. Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 692773407
Definitely not, it came in a glass little bigger than a thimble!
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon May 27, 2013 7:06 am

love it
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Bank Holiday Monday - Symonds Yat here I come!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon May 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Rhys wrote:Bank Holiday Monday - Symonds Yat here I come!

Good God man, take care! My daughter is on the loose up around there today. Keep an eye open for a low flying kayak, piloted by someone riding a horse.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Mon May 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Pictures this afternoon, my wife and daughter assure me I'll enjoy The Great Gatsby....
Happy Saturday everyone - wotcha doing? - Page 2 3392635135
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon May 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Ogmore yesterday, Hay Festival tomorrow, Kent this weekend.
Retirement is so boring :bounce:
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum