The Next Everton Manager?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Sun May 12, 2013 2:04 am

Since the announcement of Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement early this week, the National Press have been virtually unanimous in the selection of David Moyes as his replacement. Now that his appointment has been ratified their interested has been deflected to his replacement at Everton. Initially Martenez seemed to be nailed on for the post with Lennon, Laudrup, Neville and even Poyet mentioned as a possible candidates. However in the last few days MacKay's name has emerged as a leading candidate not only with the press, but also with the bookmakers. So why has he suddenly become a leading candidate?
Well obviously, leading Cardiff City to promotion to the Premier League must carry some weight, and this is what might have got Talksport in particular, and other journalists to push his case. What is more of a concern to me his apparent close links with Ferguson and particularly with David Moyes. Remember he spent time with Moyes recently at Everton apparently watching coaching techniques, which is quite possibly true. However if you believe, as I do, that Moyes had been pencilled in for the Manchester United job weeks ago were Everton already looking for his replacement at this time as well? Moyes has already stated that he will be consulted over his successor!
If you look at Moyes' management experience before he joined Everton it almost mirrors Malky experience. Moyes was at Preston, a Championship side for four years, Malky has managed in the Championship for nearly four years!
If you rate Malky as I do, I think this is a worrying time to be a Cardiff City fan.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun May 12, 2013 2:07 am

I wasnt worried.... slightly worried now, one thing we r greatful for if he goes to everton time for new manager to buy own players
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPhil Blue/Red Sun May 12, 2013 2:10 am

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:I wasnt worried.... slightly worried now, one thing we r greatful for if he goes to everton time for new manager to buy own players
I agree.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun May 12, 2013 2:12 am

Yes, the same had occurred to me...wheels within wheels and this had been engineered by the three of them......what will be, will be and I'm not too bothered if he would rather go to Everton.

As I have said, it would speak volumes about his faith in his own ability to make an impact with City in the Premier League if he walked now.

There are good managers out there for whom the present set up at Cardiff is far more attractive that it was two years ago and perhaps we would get someone who plays more attractive football.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun May 12, 2013 2:15 am

Im not sure if it was u.... TDA... who said if we had di matteo in charge if mm went, that he could attract a better player like laudrup has at scumsea, ?;... anyway i agree
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPhil Blue/Red Sun May 12, 2013 2:20 am

TDA wrote:Yes, the same had occurred to me...wheels within wheels and this had been engineered by the three of them......what will be, will be and I'm not too bothered if he would rather go to Everton.

As I have said, it would speak volumes about his faith in his own ability to make an impact with City in the Premier League if he walked now.

There are good managers out there for whom the present set up at Cardiff is far more attractive that it was two years ago and perhaps we would get someone who plays more attractive football.
I think you're absolutely right TDA. The simple truth is that whether MM is the manager or not our style of play will have to change next season if we are to survive in the Premier League.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun May 12, 2013 2:34 am

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:Im not sure if it was u.... TDA... who said if we had di matteo in charge if mm went, that he could attract a better player like laudrup has at scumsea, ?;... anyway i agree

......don't think it was me.......Malky has done pretty well with his acquisitions. What a foreign manager might have is a better feel for dealing with overseas players, which is far more important in the Premier League.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum