Sunday Morning rant: Anyone else embarrassed/bored by some of our songs?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Watching the game yesterday on a tv, a song that was coming across loud and clear, as well as our piss take of land of my fathers, was "we are coming for you jack bastards." Is anyone else fed up of these songs?

We don't exactly endear ourselves to the rest of the league when we sing songs such as "Always s**t on the English side of the bridge"either. It is embarrassing and hardly surprising that the likes of Claridge doesn't like us.

Maybe blasphemous but our fanbase doesn't help itself sometimes... and I find myself ignoring and disliking a certain chunk of our fans when at games. We are by no means the only club who sing embarrassing songs but we need to:

A) Respect the fact that we are playing in the English leagues, let's try not to piss everyone off with our anti English songs.
B) Learn some new songs for Swansea, or to be honest, get over them. I quite like Swansea and no I'm not going to stand up to show that I hate them.

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:47 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
Slumdog's Son™ wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:must admit i not keen on some of it, especially the hate swansea stupidity. don't think you will change the welsh/english banter though

I don't have any strong dislikes aside from a fervent hatred of Leeds Utd and Joey Barton, but when working in England, upon finding out I liked football, the amount of abuse I got for 'living in a third world country' or 'being a sheep shagger' etc was quite surprising. So it's not just us by any means

You probably should have expected it when you moved to Leeds and took Larry to live with you.

I never said it was factually incorrect. I was objecting to the crudeness of the statement...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum