Postdavewebber65 Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:56 am

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:26 am

He sent McPhail off in the JB derby at the Liberty a few years ago.
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:17 am

Watford to win on penalties.
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:35 pm

No complaints based on that report, Last week almost every championship game had a penalty or two so I reckon none this week to balance out the football scales of justice
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:49 pm

From a Carsiff City fan perspective, he had a shocker. McNaughton was consistently being battered and we seemed to be conceeding free kicks at every opportunity.

Taking a step back to a neutral perspective though, nothing stood out as being wrong decision. McNaughton was indeed being battered but it was within fair play, often being caused by him putting his own body on the line. Conway was diving all over the place and rapidly becoming the boy who cried wolf (I could make a whole post ranting about him but instead ill sum it up in that the man is a scumbag who if I had my way would never put on a Cardiff shirt again). Bellamy was also deserved of a yellow card - brilliant player, shocking attitude that sums up exactly why I doubt his managerial and captain capabilities. He has only one answer to any refereeing decision, 'F**K OFF!'. He's an awful role model in that aspect.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Red614 wrote: the man is a scumbag who if I had my way would never put on a Cardiff shirt again

Seems more than a tad harsh.....Conway has his limitations, but he's a useful player and I can see why Malky picks him. I'm happy to see him in a Cardiff shirt.
ref for watford 3392635135
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:27 pm

The Tonker wrote:
Red614 wrote: the man is a scumbag who if I had my way would never put on a Cardiff shirt again

Seems more than a tad harsh.....Conway has his limitations, but he's a useful player and I can see why Malky picks him. I'm happy to see him in a Cardiff shirt.
ref for watford 3392635135

Me too ref for watford 1525230823
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:09 pm

I don't like divers, they're a disgraceful element to the sport whether they play for Swansea, Cardiff, Manchester United or for a secondary school football team. Conway and Noone are our biggest offenders, and at least Noone has the self respect to be any good at it.

Conway should of been booked for simulation, Bellamy too despite the fact he was fouled for deciding he needed to roll over ten times across the pitch. I won't defend it in any circumstance, not even for our own team.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:19 pm

I watched the game and I can't recall any specific incident of possible simulation.

Diving as a problem in football is very over-rated. Far more of a problem is all the pushing, shoving, blocking and shirt pulling that goes on in the box at every corner and free kick, which always, always goes unpunished.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 pm

The Tonker wrote:I watched the game and I can't recall any specific incident of possible simulation.

Diving as a problem in football is very over-rated. Far more of a problem is all the pushing, shoving, blocking and shirt pulling that goes on in the box at every corner and free kick, which always, always goes unpunished.

You can't disregard one problem of the game just because you seem another bigger, likewise you can't assume i don't agree with you that there is also a problem there just because its not my biggest concern.

This argument breaks out all the time among players too, defenders would side with me and say players diving is the biggest bane in the game, while attackers would side with you and say the biggest problem is defenders unfairly hindering players and going unpunished.

Personally, I see it from the perspective of what outsiders see of the game. The biggest critisicism of footballers on the pitch by non-fans is bar none 'they act like they've been shot', 'look at them rolling on the floor it's pathetic', 'rugby players are tougher', etc. Only a small handful of players are systemic cheats in that department in the British game - Suarez and Bale being the biggest names, but in other countries its rife. The Corinthians v Chelsea club world championship match is my evidence here, off anyone dared touch any of the Brazilian players they would react like you snapped their leg clean off. Then there was that case of one of their players rolling from the halfway line to the penalty box, noticeably slowing down and speeding up again when the attention had diminished. World wide and for the reputation of the game, it's the biggest issue there is.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm

Not disregarding it at all, I just think it's over-rated as a problem. And I wasn't assuming you don't agree that there's also a problem with what goes on in the box (and attackers are guilty as well as defenders in this area).

Whether non-fans think it's the biggest bane is perhaps debatable, but I'm not really concerned with what non-fans think (by definition they're not that bothered about the game in general).
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum