View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 am

Marshall 7 – Not exactly a hard day's work but, aided by the clueless ref, Blackburn did swing in a few free kicks and he snaffled them up easily enough. The shot that beat him but not the woodwork was a thing of real class and would have beaten any keeper.

Connolly 7 – For one sweet moment he was Dani Alves. To the line he charged and then inside he jinked, outside one defender, swerved past the second. Head up, options to chose from and straight to a man in blue he passed. Shame. Bellamy was outstanding today and a lot of his service and his freedom to roam was down to a typically solid display from our right back.

Turner 7 – His battle with Leon Best was intriguing and while neither player got the best of it, Turner will feel he did his job.

Barnett 7 – Terrific leap, great pace and good movement but there are worrying signs of a player who struggles with his concentration. He completely miss-timed one jump allowing the ball to drop over his head at Best's feet and was in la-la land when a pass almost bounced of his unwitting ankles.

Taylor 8 – Another strong performance from the newly betrothed Taylor. He isn't the most gifted athlete but he plays smart and is a good fit for a team playing with the sort of movement and quickness we showcased today.

Bellamy 8 – Back in his best position and almost back to his best.

Gunns 8 – Sat in the middle and played boss. Kimbo, Bellamy, Mutch and Campbell may have been part of the wolfpack but Gunns was the alpha male. When Conway was triple fouled, Gunns charged in to whack the Blackburn player that came away with the ball. The five man midfield gave him more time to pick his passes and he worked the ball wide both ways. He was left standing twice in the second half and that's something he needs to work on but otherwise he was excellent today.

Kimbo 9 – The symbol of fan frustrations at Malky's recent team selections, he was the flag carrier for the five man midfield and our quicker, controlled play. Kimbo was everywhere and did everything. You can't give him a bad pass because his first touch always takes him away from any closing challenge. He didn't stop pressing and harassing. He nearly scored a belter. Why hasn't this guy played more? To be critical, he had three corners and should have put in a high looping ball to test Blackburn's reserve keeper instead of trying to whip them in. Inexperience, playing to instructions, let down by his more experienced team mates – meh. An outstanding game.

Mutch 8 – Our forgotten £2 million man looks like he makes the game easier for his team mates. He's always available for the pass and will control just about any pass near to him - Dr Octopus couldn't have extended a limb to collect one apparently errant pass from Bellamy as easily as Mutch snared it with an unfurling of his anaconda like left leg. What we saw today from Mutch that we've not had from our midfield of late was a single player who could carry the ball forward when space opened up in front of him, was prepared to get forward and challenge for high balls, had the quickness to close down the opposition and the ability to move the ball of either foot. Let's hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

Conway 7 – Played his part in our midfield dominance and is developing a really good understanding with Taylor but I can't help but feel we could do better (say with Noone). Conway had a chance at a headed goal in the first half but seemed to lack the courage to really go for it.

Campbell 9 – Most City fans left the game drooling over Kim's performance and with good reason but I thought Campbell was the main man for us today. He made the 4-5-1 work through his tireless but intelligent running when we were on the ball and his chasing when we were off it. When the ball is played to most forwards in the box it ends there, either through an attempt on goal or because the forward is defended. Not so with Campbell. If he can't squirm his way into a shot he keeps the ball alive and involves players joining late. He set up Gunns for as easy a chance on the edge of the box any player could hope for and he often fed Bellamy and Conway after being closed down in the Rovers box. Blackburn's best period came after Campbell left the field and Mason struggled to fill some enormous boots. Campbell joined us because we looked good to go up. If this is the sort of quality Malky can get if we go up, we might not struggle next year after all.

Mason – 7 Mason struggled early on to get to grips with the lone forward role and he really, really didn't fancy jumping against Hanley. When he warmed up though he was back to his best, which meant intelligent running and composure in the box, leading to one well taken goal and a well deserved penalty. Another player who may wonder why he hasn't played more often.

Whitts – 6 Yay, he scored! When Whitts ambled on he trotted over to Gunns and told him he'd be dropping into Gunn's position. Gunns asked him where he should go and Whitts gave a teenage boy being asked what the funny tasting bag of sugar he left in his coat pocket was shrug. Gunns looked over to Malky and took the instruction to move forward. There is laid back and there is not looking like you really giving a s**t, Peter. Whitts continued where he left off in his last game in that he looked off the pace and fatigued. After Kimbo bailed him out he seemed to wake up a bit and made one brave challenge before beginning to work the ball around like a Peter Whittingham can. The guy is a shadow of himself. We've ridden him hard for two seasons and now he needs a break. On today's showing we can get up without needing him any more and he can return refreshed next season. Let's not forget, Whitts has been toiling in a four man midfield and would have looked better in today's line up.

Gestede – 6 No time to make much of an impact which is a pity because I think he and Mason would make a great pairing.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Great piece of work, Kamuza, top marks!
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:40 pm

Quality stuff as usual Kamuza I done did some ratings 2361983666
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Enjoyable read as usual I done did some ratings 1525230823
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Ace - spot on and entertaining as ever I done did some ratings 1525230823
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 pm

i would have been all day writing that, great read. when whitts made that back pass to marshall did i detect a groan around the ground?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Excellent and entertaining as always. I gave you some flair earlier, then deleted my own post in error....... coat
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:14 am

Just as well you didn't rate the non performances against Peterborough!

Can't disagree with any of the marks given though!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum