View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:32 am

All talk of Lappin returning to us, not exactly thrilled but i suppose its cover...I'd like to see Becchio he would deffo improve our chances for promotion, Yes we have Fraizer & Heider also Maynard... but where would this leave young Joe Mason? he wont be going on loan so how far down pecking order..
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 am

I thought that we would have got 3 or 4 players in tbh, would love to see another top player in the door but do we really need anyone apart from a defender just to sit in the stands as cover because when Turner returns that is what will happen imo.

Kimbo is now keeping Noone out of the squad and Smith has just come back so I think the Midfield is sorted and there is no need for another striker so I just cant see where Malky would want to strengthen tbh.

Would love to see Lee Chung Yong sign though Do You Think We Will Sign Anyone Else? 635981802

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:55 am

I think Lappin is a given now, what with malky telling the press how fond of him he is. I also reckon that might be the end of our activity. It's disappointing but Malky would of succeeded in filling the potholes that desperately needed filling. We needed more defensive cover particularly on the left, in Lappin we have cover both for the left and right. We needed a new goal scorer up front - we have Campbell and while some doubt him I'm going to bak him now he's here and not knock him till he's had a chance.

We all really wanted to see Aaron Ramsey, Charlie Austin, someone really exciting. But we already have a squad that's created a ten point lead at the top of the table. I think realistically we were kidding ourselves to think MASSIVE changes woul be made.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 am

Spot on as ever red, Do You Think We Will Sign Anyone Else? 1525230823
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:35 am

I expect Velcro to come to the forefront for the run-in. I reckon Malky has been holding him back to be launched as our secret weapon and so secure the automatic spot before the opposition works him out..... coat
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 am

More likely Frank Lampard will be starting in goal...... lol!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:08 am

Now THAT would be a fairy tale ending. Velcro takes the championship golden boot despite playing in half the amount of games his rivals had... Do You Think We Will Sign Anyone Else? 692773407
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:47 am

I'm more than happy with our transfer business if Lappin should sign. As mentioned above, the gaps have been plugged, the last thing we want to do is bring in a load of players - it's pointless. We are storming the league, as little change as possible and we'll continue to push teams aside.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:42 am

Do You Think We Will Sign Anyone Else? 3874419067
Goodnight
Goodnight
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 560
Posting Flair : 40

PostGoodnight Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:14 am

We still don't have a replacement for the role HH plays unless of course you think that Gestede can do it.......... (I don't!!!)
Becchio would be perfect and at around £2.5m not too expensive.He would also be more than capable if we were to go up.
So, I'd like to see Lappin plus a target man type striker. I don't think we will though Crying or Very sad
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:41 am

So nobody thinks we are signing Obafemi Martins then? That's another tattoo that'll need removing. Rolling Eyes
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:03 am

Misty Blue wrote:We still don't have a replacement for the role HH plays unless of course you think that Gestede can do it.......... (I don't!!!)
Becchio would be perfect and at around £2.5m not too expensive.He would also be more than capable if we were to go up.
So, I'd like to see Lappin plus a target man type striker. I don't think we will though Crying or Very sad

You're right Helguson will need replacing at some point, but I think it can easily wait until the summer. Once (if?) we are an official premiership team, we will have much more firepower than we do right now to tempt those players that otherwise would be stuck in the championship - Charlie Austin, Jordan Rhodes, Vydra etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see interest in Brayford and other recent high profile failures returning - it's one thing to be able to fight off a fellow championship teams interest in your star players, it's a whole different ball game fighting off a premiership team.
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 am

Hopefully this squad will be good enough as it is and if we do make it then I fully expect Vincent to lose all sense of restraint and invest heavily in the team. There are plenty of options and some players like Kimbo are going to have a great chance in the next 4 months to establish themselves as legends of Cardiff City! Do You Think We Will Sign Anyone Else? 833362651
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 am

Hopefully this squad will be good enough as it is and if we do make it then I fully expect Vincent to lose all sense of restraint and invest heavily in the team. There are plenty of options and some players like Kimbo are going to have a great chance in the next 4 months to establish themselves as legends of Cardiff City! Do You Think We Will Sign Anyone Else? 833362651
Goodnight
Goodnight
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 560
Posting Flair : 40

PostGoodnight Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Red614 wrote:
Misty Blue wrote:We still don't have a replacement for the role HH plays unless of course you think that Gestede can do it.......... (I don't!!!)

You're right Helguson will need replacing at some point, but I think it can easily wait until the summer. Once (if?) we are an official premiership team, we will have much more firepower than we do right now to tempt those players that otherwise would be stuck in the championship - Charlie Austin, Jordan Rhodes, Vydra etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see interest in Brayford and other recent high profile failures returning - it's one thing to be able to fight off a fellow championship teams interest in your star players, it's a whole different ball game fighting off a premiership team.

Sorry, when I said replacement I was referring to now in case of suspension or injury. We have no alternative to HH if we were to lose him and we don't possess the midfield that allows us to undo opposition defences with passing and inevitably we knock balls long occasionally. This is the way that Malky likes to play hence he played Gestede there when a rest was needed for HH. We clearly had more gifted forwards available like Mason and the tea lady but neither offer an aerial threat although its close between all 3.
The firepower we've just brought in offers us no real alternative to what we already have IMO ie lots of pace but no aerial threat but a good finisher. That's exactly what Bellamy offers and a number of times this season we've looked devoid of an attacking plan B which is why we resort to 50 pence head.
A Becchio type player can do all that HH can do plus in Becchios case he scores goals himself as well. Then in the summer I'd release HH and bring in better
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum