Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:07 pm

For all the wrong reasons, but hey.

First of all I think Luton beating Wolves was the shock of the round, not our game. Wolves fielded a side including Ebanks-Blake and Kevin Doyle, and were outplayed throughout by a conference side.

However, to the point. From what I saw, we were genuinely shocking. The very first piece of play we saw was Nat Jarvis showing he apparently can't make a five yard pass without giving away posession. The defence likewise not only looked inexperienced, but completely inept. Macclesfield's first goal stemmed from two of our players being made to look ridiculous by their winger, but mare of that portion of play has to go to Luke Coulson - how the hell did he not get a foot on it when it damn nearly hit him in the face?

The penalty, was a penalty. Maybe it can be argued it was soft, but Jarvis definetely had a hold of his shirt. Stupidly too, considering he continues to pull on the shirt even when watching the ball sail hopelessly over the mans head. Poor play that gave the game away - I'm sure the draw would of been a good result afterwards with the assumption we'd walk over them at home.

Velikonja only appeared really once, where he was beaten to a header by a defender nearly a foot taller than him. Can't critiscise him for it, so i can't truly comment on whether he was good or not. Some of my circle of friends who did go however have said the main hindrance for him was indeed lack of supply. The ball was given away before it reached him so often he switched off. If he stayed awake he may of made a better contribution, but I'm not not going to critiscise the man for being a bit disenchanted right now.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Red614 wrote:For all the wrong reasons, but hey.

First of all I think Luton beating Wolves was the shock of the round, not our game. Wolves fielded a side including Ebanks-Blake and Kevin Doyle, and were outplayed throughout by a conference side.

However, to the point. From what I saw, we were genuinely shocking. The very first piece of play we saw was Nat Jarvis showing he apparently can't make a five yard pass without giving away posession. The defence likewise not only looked inexperienced, but completely inept. Macclesfield's first goal stemmed from two of our players being made to look ridiculous by their winger, but mare of that portion of play has to go to Luke Coulson - how the hell did he not get a foot on it when it damn nearly hit him in the face?

The penalty, was a penalty. Maybe it can be argued it was soft, but Jarvis definetely had a hold of his shirt. Stupidly too, considering he continues to pull on the shirt even when watching the ball sail hopelessly over the mans head. Poor play that gave the game away - I'm sure the draw would of been a good result afterwards with the assumption we'd walk over them at home.

Velikonja only appeared really once, where he was beaten to a header by a defender nearly a foot taller than him. Can't critiscise him for it, so i can't truly comment on whether he was good or not. Some of my circle of friends who did go however have said the main hindrance for him was indeed lack of supply. The ball was given away before it reached him so often he switched off. If he stayed awake he may of made a better contribution, but I'm not not going to critiscise the man for being a bit disenchanted right now.

I watched the game yesterday; we probably only had two shots in ninety five minutes, one of which we scored from; the only move of real quality the whole match. The "Cherry on the Cake" which I've not seen mentioned elsewhere is that Macclesfield were relegated from the Football League only last year!!

Collectively we were terrible, we really were. Ironically, it's very difficult to criticise Velikonja because he received no decent service. Other players who looked like they could not trap a bag of cement let alone trap and run with a ball are more open to criticism, but I'm not going to name them. Collective responsibility rests with MM who put that shower together.

Let's home MM learns a valuable lesson and The Moss Rose does not come back to haunt us!!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm

I agree, the cup deserves more than the team we gave it and if we end up suffering a fine for fielding a weak side we deserve it. I didn't want a cup run, I'm glad that we don't have one, but I didn't want to achieve it in the way we have. I wanted us to rest our true danger players like Noone, Bellamy, Whittingham, not the whole team. The excuse that most big teams don't Carr about the cup anymore while true doesn't make it acceptable. Basically I should of clarified better that I didn't want a cup win to be our focus, but I didn't want to insult the cup the way we have. Beat teams we are expected to beat while resting key players, and ten bow out like we did last year, against a premiership team that are better than us.

Also, worryingly, this morning was te first time I actually missed the blue kit. Don't worry I'm not turning anti-red, but watching Leicester's highlights I did find myself accepting that given the choice id bring blue back as our home kit in a heartbeat.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum