Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GOOD OR BAD APPOINTMENT FOR THEM

Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  Poll_c1017%Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  Poll_c10 17% 
[ 1 ]
Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  Poll_c1067%Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  Poll_c10 67% 
[ 4 ]
Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  Poll_c1016%Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  Poll_c10 16% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/27/nottingham-forest-manager-alex-mcleish

The only reason I have posted this is because it looks like they are going to invest big in Jan and they want a diffrent manager spending there money.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:00 am

The way I see it, bad for them, good for us!

Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am

Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  3874419067

See, it's not hard to place your Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  3874419067

That last one was intentional. I was praising myself.

Because nobody else ever does

Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  2925389657
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:57 am

Smart arse. I fully understand why people don't praise you.

Nottingham Forest appoint Alex McLeish  950566222
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:52 pm

No one wants McLeish as their manager, because no one wants their team to play like he designs them too. His 50% win rate in this league is beyond the point, football is a game. McLeish sets teams up to be hard to score against and steals wins with sneaky countering goals, while I believe and probably always will the goal of football is to score more than your opponent. It doesn't matter if you conceed two goals a match average if you also score 3, you'll still win the league and it would be damn exciting football. Being defensively sound as a priority however could lead to never ending 0-0 draws which are not only nowhere near good enough to win the Leage, but would rot most fans brains away.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Red614 wrote:No one wants McLeish as their manager, because no one wants their team to play like he designs them too. His 50% win rate in this league is beyond the point, football is a game. McLeish sets teams up to be hard to score against and steals wins with sneaky countering goals, while I believe and probably always will the goal of football is to score more than your opponent. It doesn't matter if you conceed two goals a match average if you also score 3, you'll still win the league and it would be damn exciting football. Being defensively sound as a priority however could lead to never ending 0-0 draws which are not only nowhere near good enough to win the Leage, but would rot most fans brains away.

Football,as an industry, retains the capacity to surprise.
In a results driven environment it's amazing how some managers seem to rise above logic; McCleish's last two outings were at Birmingham and Villa. Although wining promotion at Brum, they were relegated twice on his watch and the way McCleish slithered across the city to Villa, only to embark on another fruitless campaign. you would have thought the owners of Forest would have steered well clear.
In the small amount of time I considered who Forest might be appointing, McCleish did not cross my mind! lol!

Forest have a recent history of spending big and falling flat on their face; I see nothing in this appointment that will change that.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum