View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 am

I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe here. This nurse picks up the phone, thinks it's a genuine call from The Queen, passes it on to another member of staff. Then it comes out in the press and the world of the media is "outraged" that princess katy's relatively minor condition got discussed with the pranksters.

A couple of days later the nurse, who only handed the phone over, and was not particularly blamed by anyone is found dead!!! And no one in the media seems to think that this is a just a little bit odd.

What the hell is going on?

Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 am

Tragic yes, odd? In what way? The full circumstances may never come out, although she has left some notes behind. I'm not sure these will be made public, but maybe this was just the final straw in a web of other things. As far as the dj's are concerned, there is generally enough work to occupy the staff in hospitals without time wasters looking for cheap jokes. They can't be held accountable for the poor womans actions, but they are most certainly responsible for their own.
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 am

Welshineire wrote:Tragic yes, odd? In what way? The full circumstances may never come out, although she has left some notes behind. I'm not sure these will be made public, but maybe this was just the final straw in a web of other things. As far as the dj's are concerned, there is generally enough work to occupy the staff in hospitals without time wasters looking for cheap jokes. They can't be held accountable for the poor womans actions, but they are most certainly responsible for their own.

People don't generally kill themselves over things like this. If she did indeed commit suicide, then it may well have been "the final straw" as you said, but the media are making out that this woman died as a direct result of this prank.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 am

That's the things that sell papers, so I doubt that the papers would come out and directly say otherwise, I feel for the dj's they r made to feel bad for her death, I bet if Chris moyles done this the papers would look at it differently
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 am

I've read too many bad thrillers and I can't help but look at Wills and his obsession with protecting Princess Insipid from the same fate that befell his mother. Young lad robbed of his mother, media spotlight, centuries of in-breeding, it all adds up to a psychotic murderer. Just saying.
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:20 am

I'm not blaming the dj's for this womans death, but I do think that there is a lesson there for us all. While we may mean no harm by the things that we say and do, we have little knowledge about what else may be going on in peoples lives. I dare say this woman may have had other issues, this might just have tipped the balance. 12 months ago our own Gary Speed took his own live after an argument with the wife. Some people are just walking a tight rope and only need a gentle nudge to fall off.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:37 am

The thing is, prank calls have been around forever on radio - no way they could have guessed what would happen. It wasn't the first prank call on the radio and it won't be the last.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum