Any changes for Peterborough?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:05 am

I reckon Mutch will replace Cowie and Kimbo will replace Conway in the starting line-up on Saturday. What do you think?
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 am

Hudson definitely won't play!!
Connolly to CB and Kev in at rb. Mitch in for Cowie.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPhil Blue/Red Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 am

Ever since Rhys has suggested that Mitch needs to be in the side everyone is picking him. Who the f*ck is Mitch? Have I missed something? Any changes for Peterborough? 692773407
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:17 am

I'd be tempted to play Nugent to replace Hudson, it's a game he should be pretty safe and he's proved more than capable already. While Taylor impressed me once more against Blackburn, McNaughton I'm still a little unsure about.

Conway should make way for Kim, if anyone in our midfield failed to shine on Monday it was him. Mutch should also play, but we have the dilemma of replacing anyone else in our midfield would be unfair considering their performances as of late.

Maybe rest Bellamy and let Mason play. Tough games coming up, Masons younger legs should be a safer bet than tiring out Bellamy before the foxes.
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 am

Red614, good call about Nugent as he never let us down in the previous 3 games he's played though i may be a touch concerned with having two ben turners at centre half! (tgey do seem the carbon copy of each other. Connolly obviously keeps the ball better than kev but would probably bring in kev for hudson and move connolly.
I am surprised that you thought conway was the one player who failed to impress on friday. Personally i thought he was superb. He also brings the best out of taylor and gives you so much defensively
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 am

Phil Blue/Red wrote:Ever since Rhys has suggested that Mitch needs to be in the side everyone is picking him. Who the f*ck is Mitch? Have I missed something? Any changes for Peterborough? 692773407

Blame the keyboard layout.
I agree with Gringo about Conway - thought he did well Friday.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Red614, good call about Nugent as he never let us down in the previous 3 games he's played though i may be a touch concerned with having two ben turners at centre half! (tgey do seem the carbon copy of each other. Connolly obviously keeps the ball better than kev but would probably bring in kev for hudson and move connolly.
I am surprised that you thought conway was the one player who failed to impress on friday. Personally i thought he was superb. He also brings the best out of taylor and gives you so much defensively
I agree Gringo - one of many great memories of Friday's game was seeing Conway perform an epic piece of tracking back to foil a counter attack right down by the corner flag.

Nugent has certainly been impressive, but he's had the benefit of playing alongside the experienced Hudson. Playing him alongside Turner could be riskier, so I think it will be Connolly at CB (which is his preferred position) and Kev at right back.
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 am

Hope Smith will be back
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPhil Blue/Red Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 am

thehumblegringo wrote:Red614, good call about Nugent as he never let us down in the previous 3 games he's played though i may be a touch concerned with having two ben turners at centre half! (tgey do seem the carbon copy of each other. Connolly obviously keeps the ball better than kev but would probably bring in kev for hudson and move connolly.
Conway has don't reasonably well since he's come back into the team, but I've a gut feeling that as well as a striker, MM will bring in another winger who is quicker and stronger on the ball than Conway. I wonder if he'll bid for Matty Phillips or Thomas Ince of Blackpool.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:19 am

Put Connolly at CB, McNaughton at full back and keep the rest as it is.
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend

Postthewelshfella Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:34 am

IMO Matty Phillips will be a big target for Malky in Jan ,he put a bid in for him last jan aswell. I cant see why Phillips would want to stay at Blackpool any longer now that Ian Holloway has gone.

Malky should find it alot easier to buy players in Jan now that we are top of the league because its looking like we will be in the prem next season to any player Malky approaches.Would love to see Ince but by all acounts he is off back to Liverpool for 5 mil.

Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPhil Blue/Red Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:47 am

thewelshfella wrote:IMO Matty Phillips will be a big target for Malky in Jan ,he put a bid in for him last jan aswell. I cant see why Phillips would want to stay at Blackpool any longer now that Ian Holloway has gone.

Malky should find it alot easier to , players in Jan now that we are top of the league because its looking like we will be in the prem next season to any player Malky approaches.Would love to see Ince but by all acounts he is off back to Liverpool for 5 mil.

Matty Phillips is only on the bench for Blackpool at the moment so I'm sure he will relish a move to a team at the top of the Championship

Last edited by Phil Blue/Red on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake in text.)
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend

Postthewelshfella Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:02 am

Phil Blue/Red wrote:
thewelshfella wrote:IMO Matty Phillips will be a big target for Malky in Jan ,he put a bid in for him last jan aswell. I cant see why Phillips would want to stay at Blackpool any longer now that Ian Holloway has gone.

Malky should find it alot easier to , players in Jan now that we are top of the league because its looking like we will be in the prem next season to any player Malky approaches.Would love to see Ince but by all acounts he is off back to Liverpool for 5 mil.

Matty Phillips is only on the bench for Blackpool at the moment so I'm sure he will relish a move to a team at the top of the Championship

Lets hope so Any changes for Peterborough? 833362651 Any changes for Peterborough? 833362651
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Either bring in Nugent for Turner or as Gloves said McNaughton right back and Connonly centre back. Leave midfield and strikers the same.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum