View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:43 am

Interesting to see how the tables looked at the 20 game mark last year. How far down Reading were is particularly noticeable. That and Southampton's home record.

Championship at 20 game mark - 2011-2012
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:08 am

Interesting indeed...winning 10 straight home games are clearly a piece of cake.

Let Reading be a warning to us - at this point last season we had ten points on them!

Last edited by Rhys on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:14 am

Southampton's following home game was drawn, so we can go one better if we beat Peterborough next up. Except they're a bit of a bogey team.....
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:18 am

The most interesting thing to take from our season so far is this, taken from one of the Cardiff followers on twitter -

Can anyone honestly, hand on heart, say they believe Cardiff have played really well yet, bar an occasional game?

We're top of the league, undefeated at home and five points safely into the auto zone, yet we've done it with often consistently shaky performances. Can you imagine what we could do to teams when we actually play a full 90 minutes at full throttle?
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:38 am

Red614 wrote:The most interesting thing to take from our season so far is this, taken from one of the Cardiff followers on twitter -

Can anyone honestly, hand on heart, say they believe Cardiff have played really well yet, bar an occasional game?

We're top of the league, undefeated at home and five points safely into the auto zone, yet we've done it with often consistently shaky performances. Can you imagine what we could do to teams when we actually play a full 90 minutes at full throttle?

I guess that is right and i have said before that sometimes it is less about fantastic performances and easy wins and more about the consistency to grind out results even when not totally firing.

What could our performances say about our season and what is still to come? One view could be that we have been fortunate and are going to get found out sooner or later - the home form will wane and we fall away. The other view is that there should still be more to come - that the team can play much better than it has so far and buoyed by some January transfer window spending we will just become stronger as the season goes on.

Only time will tell which it will be i guess or it could be the third option of muddling along like we are all season til we cross the finishing line. I do like to think that we can and will still improve as the season goes on but that might just be me with my red coloured spectacles on.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Toast Boy wrote:
Red614 wrote:The most interesting thing to take from our season so far is this, taken from one of the Cardiff followers on twitter -

I guess that is right and i have said before that sometimes it is less about fantastic performances and easy wins and more about the consistency to grind out results even when not totally firing.

What could our performances say about our season and what is still to come? One view could be that we have been fortunate and are going to get found out sooner or later - the home form will wane and we fall away. The other view is that there should still be more to come - that the team can play much better than it has so far and buoyed by some January transfer window spending we will just become stronger as the season goes on.

Only time will tell which it will be i guess or it could be the third option of muddling along like we are all season til we cross the finishing line. I do like to think that we can and will still improve as the season goes on but that might just be me with my red coloured spectacles on.

Yes - on the one hand, playing really well doesn't matter, we've bagged the points. But our performances have been very gritty.

On saying that:

- We have the best home form this season of any professional team in Europe (maybe the world?)

- We are two goals off being the leagues top goalscorers (behind CP) - what does that say about our performances?

Throw into the mix our evergreen, ever-changing injury list - playing two games with a young CM at LB

We have done amazingly well, and as Toast Boy says, we should look forward to the January Transfer window where surely VT will give Malky his full backing.

This is a great time to be a Cardiff fan! How The Championship Table looked This Time Last Year 833362651
Judge dRed
Judge dRed
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 2500
Posting Flair : 186

PostJudge dRed Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 am

Once we get a 12 point cusion I'm sure the players will loosen up and start scoring for fun. I'd like us to get a cricket score before I die lol!
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 am

Toast Boy wrote:

I'm with you on this one Toastie... There is a damp squib end game to this season... But we still have the prospect of Malky melting VT's plastic in the new year... So it's a real conundrum but a hugely enjoyable conundrum especially with our red hot home form... The rest of the season is filled with anticipation for me... So let's bring it on How The Championship Table looked This Time Last Year 833362651 How The Championship Table looked This Time Last Year 1525230823
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 am

In the words of Joe Swanson...

Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 am

Just remember Championship be afraid cos 'The Birds is Coming'

How The Championship Table looked This Time Last Year 833362651 How The Championship Table looked This Time Last Year 833362651 How The Championship Table looked This Time Last Year 833362651 How The Championship Table looked This Time Last Year 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum