Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:49 am

Haven't had one of these for all of, oooh, five minutes. This time it's a light article from an outsider looking in. What upsets me more is that he states "Cardiff's form may well tail off" just because I fear he might be right Sad

http://soccerlens.com/red-is-the-new-blue-for-cardiff-city-and-gillingham/98081/?
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 am

Time for an optimism top up here.... Whilst the Vintage 2012 City doesn't travel particularly well I'm sure that our away performances will improve rather than our home form deteriorate...

Keep The Faith Arkay TAKE COVER  - A REBRAND THREAD! 833362651
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:25 am

Your eternal optimism can only be drug related TAKE COVER  - A REBRAND THREAD! 4228682415
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:30 am

A heady concoction of adrenochrome, haliborange and Lambrini TAKE COVER  - A REBRAND THREAD! 692773407
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:22 am

The Malaysians said they will look at changing the badge next season because not alot of fans liked it. But with all the money they have spent on the rebrand already with stock for the club shop and online shop plus advertising the logo in Malaysia can anyone really see this happening?
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 am

thewelshfella wrote:The Malaysians said they will look at changing the badge next season because not alot of fans liked it. But with all the money they have spent on the rebrand already with stock for the club shop and online shop plus advertising the logo in Malaysia can anyone really see this happening?

I think that the badge is universally accepted to be abysmal, I'm embarrassed every time it gets shown on the telly or in the papers, it's just awful, even worse than Swindon Town's badge.

I don't mind the dragon being used as a symbol around the stadium and suchlike but not the main symbol on the badge, they need to understand the team represent CARDIFF not WALES!!

I think the club really need to use their heads on this, if they return to the previous much loved badge it would make a lot of our fans much happier to accept the colour change.

I know VT is a big fan of this board, I've heard he logs on every night while he's waiting for his tea. So come on Vinnie lets have our old badge back eh, it is a great, great badge isn't it.

TAKE COVER  - A REBRAND THREAD! Cardiff1
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Happy Days wrote:
thewelshfella wrote:The Malaysians said they will look at changing the badge next season because not alot of fans liked it. But with all the money they have spent on the rebrand already with stock for the club shop and online shop plus advertising the logo in Malaysia can anyone really see this happening?

I think that the badge is universally accepted to be abysmal, I'm embarrassed every time it gets shown on the telly or in the papers, it's just awful, even worse than Swindon Town's badge.

I don't mind the dragon being used as a symbol around the stadium and suchlike but not the main symbol on the badge, they need to understand the team represent CARDIFF not WALES!!

I think the club really need to use their heads on this, if they return to the previous much loved badge it would make a lot of our fans much happier to accept the colour change.

I know VT is a big fan of this board, I've heard he logs on every night while he's waiting for his tea. So come on Vinnie lets have our old badge back eh, it is a great, great badge isn't it.

TAKE COVER  - A REBRAND THREAD! Cardiff1

That badge is beautiful Sad

The only downside to a new badge will be that I will have to change the forum's banner which the colonel designed.

Perhaps we could have a re-brand the banner competition in May or something?

As far as the article goes, as has been said before, in all walks of life there are progressives and traditionalists. Both are important, progressives look forward to change and drag an institution on, whilst the traditionalists keep the progress grounded.

Will this still be an issue in 20 years time? I doubt it. Leeds are known as playing in white as will we be known for playing in red. If we change again, either back to blue or any other colour, I will get behind my team.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum