Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:35 am

Helguson, Cowie, Mason and whittingham have been absent today.

come on malky! Change shape!!!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 am

Grounding ourselves back to reality, we were very, very poor for most of the match. McNaughton in particular stood out as shocking, too eager to get forward and then too slow to get back. Take the goal for example. Hudson mistake let him through for the cross, but why did he have to be there anyway? McNaughton too far forward, and he never got anywhere close to catching him either.

Also, our long ball football is creeping in again, we need to cut that out straight away. Hopefully Malky will learn from how close this ended up being.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 am

Red614 wrote:Grounding ourselves back to reality, we were very, very poor for most of the match. McNaughton in particular stood out as shocking, too eager to get forward and then too slow to get back. Take the goal for example. Hudson mistake let him through for the cross, but why did he have to be there anyway? McNaughton too far forward, and he never got anywhere close to catching him either.

Also, our long ball football is creeping in again, we need to cut that out straight away. Hopefully Malky will learn from how close this ended up being.
For goodness sake get a grip. The team came back from one nil down to win the game against a half decent team who are down on their luck at the moment. Didn't they draw away at Brighton during the week? Do you think that Southampton, Reading and West Ham didn't win ugly last season on their way to promotion.
In my opinion, this game tells us more about the squad than the two home games against Blackpool and Birmingham.
To say that the team is resorting back to long ball football is, with due respect, ridiculous. Clearly MacKay had identified that the Ipswich defence were not comfortable defending high balls in their own penalty area. Eventually this was their downfall. Gold star for Malky! All I can say is thank God we didn't lose.
Please lets leave the negative posts after an away WIN to the berks on AAMB and CCMB. We always look crap in 4-5-1 833362651
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:21 am

3 points.... The man's a genius We always look crap in 4-5-1 1525230823
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:58 am

Thought I was on CCMB myself a second after that attack, kudos on lowering the tone for me giving an opinion by the way.

We proved we can dig in and get a truly even in bad days, true enough. But there were still obvious faults, and I have no doubt Malky will be pointing them out tomorrow in training. No matter what the result, you can always do better, and I'm just pointing out where improvement could be made. You didn't see McNaughton getting skinned far too often. You didn't see the ball being passes around cluelessly and then just hoofed up the pitch?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum