View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 pm

He has recieved a slightly peculiar England call up for their next two matches. Considering England's defence is really the only part of the team which is truly strong right now, it's strange he's managed to weedle himself in. As an England fan I don't want him in because I don't like him as a person, I don't like his on field play style, and moreso he's just not that good.

Are you Wales fans disappointed he now won't appear?
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 pm

not really dissapointed to be honest... england can have him.... although werent wales sposed to be trying to get ben turner for wales?
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Both Shawcross and Turner had already turned Wales down:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19366405

England's defence has surely been weakened with the removal of Terry. Shawcross will be 4th behind Lescott, Cahill and Jagielka for the centre back spots - just brought in to provide cover. Turner might be a better option, though!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 pm

The Tonker wrote:Both Shawcross and Turner had already turned Wales down:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19366405

England's defence has surely been weakened with the removal of Terry. Shawcross will be 4th behind Lescott, Cahill and Jagielka for the centre back spots - just brought in to provide cover. Turner might be a better option, though!

Almost certainly I'd of liked Turner before Shawcross, and that's not me beig Cardiff biased. Shawcross may only be 25 still but I feel he's very close to his maximum potential now, and that's still a much lower level than the likes of Terry, Lescott, etc have reached. I'd of liked to see a player that's still very young maybe get a chance to get some international experience under his belt. Turner at 24 again admittedly may be also falling short of that sort of defensive quality the older generation have shown.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm

I don't blame to be honest.

They are English and so they should play for England. Every player should want to play for their country.

On saying that the welsh defence is a shambles at the moment and both Turner and Shawcross could have helped dramatically.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Rhys wrote:I don't blame to be honest.

They are English and so they should play for England. Every player should want to play for their country.

On saying that the welsh defence is a shambles at the moment and both Turner and Shawcross could have helped dramatically.
Hmmm.....Portia in the Merchant of Venice was very good at defence (albeit in a court of law). It would involve some cross-dressing though.....
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:16 am

Wales need Anglos if we will ever qualify for something. Coleman's best hope of any kind of positivie legacy is to get a few decent players to commit to Wales. But I don't blame anyone for holding onto the hope of playing for thier home country.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum