This should be Team GB's national anthem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:54 pm

Biggest disappointment of 2012 was the fact this wasn't played. It made the Olympics rubbish for me.

They had an absolute 'mare.

It should be played when the flag goes up rather than the outdated GSTQ garbage.

1) There isn't a God
2) Even if there was he wouldn't save her. This is a guy who lets natural disasters happen all the time killing people
3) What happens when the Queen dies? Do we just sing GSTK instead? Sounds terrible.

THEY HAD THE CHANCE TO PLAY THAT SONG AT THE 2012 OLYMPICS AND BLEW IT.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

So happy Brazil have the 2016 Olympics. You can guarantee they will play Ai Se Eu Te Pego and their music will be 100% on the money.

I blame the Queen. If there was no Queen that song would not have been invented. The Queen has effectively ruined my life. Good going. Neutral
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:53 pm

No good blaming the Queen - we sang GSTK before she came to the throne. If we were a republic we'd probably be singing GSTP.

They should have played the theme tune from The Archers as the flag goes up.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 pm

The Tonker wrote:No good blaming the Queen - we sang GSTK before she came to the throne. If we were a republic we'd probably be singing GSTP.

They should have played the theme tune from The Archers as the flag goes up.

How about the other countries?

USA - DALLAS or Baywatch?

Ireland - the little dance jig on titanic film?

What else?
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:56 am

Brazil's anthem should be Mas Que Nada, as in this Nike ad featuring the original (and best) Ronaldo......

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:13 pm

CB39 wrote:
3) What happens when the Queen dies? Do we just sing GSTK instead? Sounds terrible.

This should be Team GB's national anthem 2854552383
God save the King is the traditional version. It was created in 1745 when George II was in power. God save the queen was only adopted as the alternative version much later for when a woman was in power.

But personally, I feel the English anthem should become something different, not the British one. I know there's a lot of dispute about it and quite rightly so, but she is the BRITISH monarch, and should be accepted as such until/if that is changed. England should indeed have their own anthem entirely to represent their own individuality just like the other nations. I can completely understand the point of how arrogant it looks for England to use the British anthem as their own.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Red614 wrote:
CB39 wrote:

God save the King is the traditional version. It was created in 1745 when George II was in power. God save the queen was only adopted as the alternative version much later for when a woman was in power.

But personally, I feel the English anthem should become something different, not the British one. I know there's a lot of dispute about it and quite rightly so, but she is the BRITISH monarch, and should be accepted as such until/if that is changed. England should indeed have their own anthem entirely to represent their own individuality just like the other nations. I can completely understand the point of how arrogant it looks for England to use the British anthem as their own.
Land of Hope & Glory is a good old British song. The English can have that one.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:01 am

Rhys wrote:
Red614 wrote:
CB39 wrote:

This should be Team GB's national anthem 3874419067

I have always moaned about this to anybody who would care to listen (precisely no-one so far).
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 am

Red614 wrote:
CB39 wrote:

Don't blame me. Blame the national curriculum put in place by BRITISH people. Ask me anything about American history and I'll know the answer but I wasn't taught much about British history other than the fact Henry VIII loved killing off his wives. This should be Team GB's national anthem 692773407
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostJB Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:35 am

Rhys wrote:
Red614 wrote:
CB39 wrote:

Please don't suggest good songs for England. This should be Team GB's national anthem 692773407

I suggest;

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum