Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Blackburn manager Steve Kean has admitted he has not seen any of his three deadline day signings play live. This seems to have pissed off a number of the fans who claim it further proves his incompetence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19487663

Have they got a valid point? Should it just be a given that the manager should watch a potential signing play at least once?

I would be interested to know how many of our signings Malky had seen live before he signed them. I believe I read that Malky went out to Velijonka before signing him?

I just think there is a bit of a witch hunt against the guy and I don't he can do anything right. Imagine if Blackburn get promoted, they certainly wouldn't want Kean managing them again the PL would they?

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:11 pm

I don't know how feasible it is for a manager to see signings, because I'm not one. They could argue that there is a scouting network in place which ensures that perhaps a manager doesn't necessarily need to, although this could come down to how good the scouts themselves are. But I would imagine Malky knows that because he has the final say on the signings, he needs to make sure they are right for the club. He does his homework. Steve Kean, on the other hand, is possbily being told what signings are being made by the Venky's and there are a lot of them. His concern might be to coach the players and the signings might be left to the owners and their Football Advisor Shebby Singh (who, coincidentally, is Malaysian).
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:36 am

"Shebby Singh was very excited about them coming here and was telling me how good they were."

Im so glad Malky picks our signing or fck knows who VT would bring in Steve Kean in the dogs again... 692773407 Get a pair ffs Kean
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:48 am

Shebby Singh is a football pundit on Astro, and a poor man's Alan Shearer at that! He was so bad that Steve McMahon used to run rings around him every week. He's a bit arrogant and opinionated too, so I presume he would be a bit of a meddler. It's all good news for us, and long may his involvement with Blackburn continue Steve Kean in the dogs again... 833362651

Bit of a knob to be fair ...

Last edited by •••••••™ on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:10 am

•••••••™️ wrote:
Shebby Singh is a football pundit on Astro, and a poor man's Alan Shearer at that! He was so bad that Steve McMahon used to run rings around him every week. He's a bit arrogant and opinionated too, so I presume he would be a bit of a meddler. It's all good news for us, and long may his involvement with Blackburn continue Steve Kean in the dogs again... 833362651

He's a disaster at any club. If you look at his involvement at Blackburn since he joined a few months ago;
- he announced that Steve Kean would be sacked if the club loses three matches in a row
- that club legend Morten Gamst Pedersen, who agreed to stay after their relegation, was a 'pensioner'
- after the players stated their displeasure at his comment, he apologised but added he's 'too honest for his own good'
- he told fans to take Steve Kean's promises with a 'pinch of salt'

Doesn't bode well. The pressure there must be horrific, and with their squad, they should be champions. I wouldn't want Steve Kean's job.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:24 am

I hope Blackburn get relegated again for their own good. If they go up he will stay there. The sooner this joker is out of football the better.
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:43 am

"Shabby" signs Rhodes for £8 million.

Malky signs Bellamy, Maynard, Noone, Kimbo, Smith, Mutch, Helguson, Velikonja, Connolly and Lewis for £10 million.

I think Huddersfield saw him coming Steve Kean in the dogs again... 692773407
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:50 am

•••••••™️ wrote:
"Shabby" signs Rhodes for £8 million.

Malky signs Bellamy, Maynard, Noone, Kimbo, Smith, Mutch, Helguson, Velikonja, Connolly and Lewis for £10 million.

I think Huddersfield saw him coming Steve Kean in the dogs again... 692773407

I've said it before, we are the most astute team in the Championship. Yes we have financial clout behind us but we haven't been paying farcical money like Blackburn have. And we must have an excellent team to sign someone like Kimbo, who turned down Monaco and Borussia Dortmund, to sign for us. Our desire to break into Malaysia, China and South Korea is clear!
thehumblegringo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 678
Posting Flair : 120

Postthehumblegringo Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 am

I hope you are joking about malky not having watched his signings? Having read a bit about the detail of his dossier system, he was there watching them be conceived!!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum