View previous topic View next topic Go down

Man Of Harlech
Man Of Harlech
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 369
Posting Flair : 30

PostMan Of Harlech Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 am

For the first time ever I have absolutely no interest in the national team - none what so ever. I think that it is a culmination of lots of issues and circumstances, but I still feel a little ashamed.

Does anyone else feel the same?
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:52 am

Yeah, but it won't stop me from going to Serbia!

We'd still support Cardiff in League Two, so we have to back the boys! We have one of the finest midfields in the world IMO.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:27 am

Dear Diary,

I'm Cardiffian, not Welsh. I go out of Cardiff and can hardly understand the people of Wales. I fear that I will become one of them. I fear the virus will one day infect the DNA of this pure Cardiffian. I will keep you posted.

5/9/12 - Before the visit back into the contamination zone.
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:34 am

Tbh I work very hard for my money and I dont mind spending hundreds of pounds on season tickets for me and the kids plus shirts & all the other extras that come on match days and so on, but I will not spend my money on that pile of crap.

I did fancy going to more wales matches because Garry Speed had them playing some good stuff and I dont mind paying for that but until Chris Coleman gets the sack and a better successor to Garry Speed comes in I will support my country from my sofa Wales 635981802 In this recession.

Im a national Plastic Wales 692773407
Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:02 am

It's hard work following Wales, there have been so many downs and so, so few ups. Right now we have a pretty good team, and we have the best chance of qualifying since 2004.

The FAW have finally done what we wanted and gotten out of the terrible Millstad. We have good quality opposition on Friday night, and if we could pack 26,000 into CCS and the team performed, it would be a cracking atmosphere and it would really bring the buzz back into following the National team.

I am really disappointed that so many have given up on this qualifying campaign before a ball has even been kicked, just because of Coleman. I'm not a fan of his either, but he has the job and we should get behind him and the team. There's no point in grizzling about how crap we are and how crap the atmosphere is if you don't turn up on your own doorstep and get behind them.

Come on it's £20 for chrissakes. Get your arses down there and show that us Welsh people have a bit of something about us instead of being a bunch of pathetic, wimpy tarts.

Your country needs you. Wales 3210875682

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:16 am

CB39 wrote:Dear Diary,

I'm Cardiffian, not Welsh. I go out of Cardiff and can hardly understand the people of Wales. I fear that I will become one of them. I fear the virus will one day infect the DNA of this pure Cardiffian. I will keep you posted.

5/9/12 - Before the visit back into the contamination zone.
Cardiffian and Welsh are one and the same. I'm both, and proud to be both. Like most Cardiffians, I don't speak Welsh, but then neither do most people in Wales. It doesn't make you any less Welsh. There's also no such thing as 'pure Cardiffian' - Cardiff grew massively in the 19th century, with large numbers of immigrants from the rest of Wales, from England (especially the west country) and from Ireland, so we have a big mixture in our DNA. I have proper Welsh (Cardiganshire and Caernarfonshire) on my father's side of the family, and a mix of English and Irish on my mother's side.

Malaise Yeah!
Malaise Yeah!
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 382
Posting Flair : 50

PostMalaise Yeah! Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:40 am

Everyone get down there Friday and make an atmosphere of it. Your country needs YOU!
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Wales used to be my number one reason for following football but I haven't been so despondent about them since the days of Gould. Not sure why as Coleman hasn't had a fair crack yet. Sad really, as I miss the thrill and expectancy of a Wales game.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum